Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Is There An Alternative Way To Merge Multiple Mailing Lists?

Discussion in 'Other Email Marketing Products and Services' started by jazzvaga, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Is there an alternate available with most of the apps out there, anyone help me out on this?

2. Roxabox

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    When I merge multiple mailing lists I open all my lists in Microsoft Excel as a CSV document and select all relevant data that needs to be merged, copy and paste it over to an already existing mailing document and then right click the last name column and sort A-Z so that everything is organized. I am not sure if there is an easier way to do this, I haven't looked into it at all.

3. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Thats what i m looking for. If there are multiple lists, few are in CSV, few are formatted in Excel, how to put them back in some app & get over with merging part so that we can contact / blast it in once.

4. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Hello dear @jazzvaga@jazzvaga, please confirm: you want a program that generates a compound file by merging lists in different formats.

e.g.

- CSV format.
    - Excel.

In order to get a merged archive with the fields correctly populated, using the data from both types of source files.

If this is correct, please upload some files in both CSV and Excel format for me to have a go at making it for the fellows around :)

5. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Most of the work contains client data & private subscribed emails also that opted in for emails from us. Not really possible to load the files or share it. Dont mind that but you can say some steps to me either here or in PM, that would be highly appreciated.

6. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    No worries, please use made-up/bogus data. I just need to check the formatting itself, no actual data needs to be shared :)

Only a few made-up entries -say 3 to 5- on each file is more than enough.

7. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    okay will get it loaded here & will share with you via PM so you can take a look as per your convenience. Thanks so far! :)

8. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    @jazzvaga@jazzvaga

My pleasure.

Please let's do it publicly, since the aim is to build useful tools for fellow WMS members around to download for serving the community while helping @Solmak@Solmak grow the site :)

By all means my friend. Hopefully we can close the month with two tools, yours and the duplicates checker.

BTW, remember it's just a small sample:

That should suffice!

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Microsoft Excel is not only helpful in tracking financial data as it is also useful in organizing mailing lists. To utilize the tool, you should copy your old Excel mailing lists to Sheet 2, 3 and so on in your new workbook so you’ll be able to merge all of your data into the new spreadsheet.