Just Gossip Is Windows 10 Going To Be Microsoft’s Last Os Version?

networld

You might be aware that Microsoft has already declared that Windows 10 would be the last one in the series and they would not be releasing any more OS versions in future. But they will keep on releasing updates at regular intervals. They also emphasize on calling it as Windows than using it with version numbers. As per feedbacks received Windows 10 was a huge success and well received by the people. Moreover it is also being accepted as a mobile OS platform.

What do you think about the decision of Microsoft? Will they stick to their words?

jowjow

I think not. I think they will release a new one in the near future say Windows 11. Technology upgrades nowadays are very fast. They won't let their competition pass them especially now that they are on the top of the chain. Doing updates or patches will not be enough, I believe they will come a time that they will create a new OS.

Ramakrishnan

I don't think that it is the last OS version. Nothing can be predicted as the final one in technology. It can be a marketing strategy to attract more customers. No doubt they will update it regularly and every update will be equivalent to a new version.

sunshine

Blue Belt
You might be aware that Microsoft has already declared that Windows 10 would be the last one in the series and they would not be releasing any more OS versions in future. But they will keep on releasing updates at regular intervals. They also emphasize on calling it as Windows than using it with version numbers. As per feedbacks received Windows 10 was a huge success and well received by the people. Moreover it is also being accepted as a mobile OS platform.

What do you think about the decision of Microsoft? Will they stick to their words?
Future time tells whether any new Windows OS comes or not after Windows 10 , because you know that almost after every 5 years there have been a lot of changes noticed by latest technology as well as efficient and thrilled researchers.

Last edited:

networld

I think they will try to include it in the same banner as Windows without any version numbers. They also emphasized that all future updates would be free of cost and their plan is to make Windows a completely free service to users.

I think they would focus more on mobile technology by spending more resources in developing Windows as the top mobile OS. Windows 10 has already by been used by Xiaomi, the Chinese mobile manufacturer recently. I too believe Microsoft is not going to stop releasing new versions of Windows, may under a different platform.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I have heard this news before and even discussed it with some people. But I do think they will able to do that. As I mentioned it once somewhere, Samsung announced before that they will stop producing Android phones, but they still use Android OS. The same thinh MS might do. Technology is advancing as well as these operating systems. Unless they will invent something new amd revolutionary, then their initial statement might be true.

krishatg

Content Writer
It may be there market strategy to declare in prior that they are not going to launch anything . also updating the same window or enhancing the old one they themself says they will do. Which is already they are doing till now. So what is the need of that statement from them can generally be considered as there marketing scheme to increase curiosity of windows 10 in market.

networld

It may be there market strategy to declare in prior that they are not going to launch anything . also updating the same window or enhancing the old one they themself says they will do. Which is already they are doing till now. So what is the need of that statement from them can generally be considered as there marketing scheme to increase curiosity of windows 10 in market.
I too think so. They might have got some other plans in mind. May be it is only a matter of name. They would just omit the version numbers and continue updating the OS under a common Windows platform. That is what they said in their press release too. But their intention of keeping it absolutely free is a welcome sign.

I also got a gut feeling that they are going to explore the mobile market and would focus more on developing their Windows mobile phones. Windows 10 is going to be a success in mobile OS.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
People at Microsoft are very good at finding ways where a user could be comfortable with his or her unit. However, I believe that Windows 10 will not be the last OS version since there are still better functions that can be improved in the current system.

Last edited:

niranjan kumar

White Belt
Some good resource also confirm that you said. But i think it's not possible, because windows is the highest selling product of microsoft and they make a lot of money from windows. In my thinking windows may might building some other operating system that work better than current version, but they not availble their operating system as a open source OS.

steve taylor

White Belt
May be Microsoft windows 10 is last version of windows.
But Microsoft windows 10 update its window internally and improve its performance without changing its name.
My personal computer have Microsoft windows 10 I upgrade my pc in 3 month ago but few day ago a new version of windows is upgrade on my pc.
And its work more faster than older.

RADHESHYAM GUPTA

White Belt
I think windows 10 is not last version but some Microsoft employee clearly says that windows 10 is last OS version.
Conversely, as users become more comfortable with "Windows as a service," we could even see the branding switch the other way, ditching the "10" entirely. Internal version numbers will still remain, of course, but a world in which the next version of Windows is labelled simply "Windows" isn't hard to imagine.

VIVEK KUMAR

White Belt
May be windows 10 operating system is last version of operating system of Microsoft.
Due to it is very fast and very secure Microsoft lunched his operating system and offer every one to install it free.
It is one of the best operating system of Microsoft.

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
Google is the example of the platform that keeps on accepting changes and always have the solution for all with the updates and modification. I do not treat the sayings as practical as there may be number of situations that need to be accepted by google. However, it all depends on google whether the series is going to be updated in the format of 10.1 or so on or again the new number OS 11.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
I like the simple layout in the classic Windows XP. Windows 10 is designed for devices with touch feature. Although they say Windows 10 is the last version, they are in the process of creating lots of apps for it.