My 2 Cents Lazy way to have a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
This days, lots of internet users seem to be using blog as a quick and cheap way to have internet presence without having a proper website coded with HTML or some other proper ways of creating a website.

The just create a sub domain on one of the blog sites and put info on it, do you think this reduces the chances of job prospects for web designers?

Tom

Yellow Belt
I think it does reduce the chances of job prospects for web designers.

There are so many website scripts and templates out there today that you can setup a site within a couple of hours. :)

mikeinlincs

Yellow Belt
Even less than that Tom.
Tom said:
I think it does reduce the chances of job prospects for web designers.

There are so many website scripts and templates out there today that you can setup a site within a couple of hours. :)
I have seen sites up and online in minutes, but with very little content. There will always be work for good web designers. 5 years ago they where charging an average of ?500 for simple 3 page site, but today I see people doing 15 page website for as little as ?35 on ebay..

but you only get what you pay for.

Mike :)

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Just run apache on your own PC and forward port 80 on your router to that PC. Register your IP with no-ip.com and you can run your own web server. Uploads are limited to the constraints on your own connection and you must leave your pc on all the time but then you can have all the space you need

Peace

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Yep that's what I do.

Run everything on your own PC, and if you keep it on all the time, why not make use out of it and possibly make some money off it as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.