Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Learn Before You Earn

Discussion in 'Freelancer Forum' started by suleman, Jan 24, 2016.

1. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Some people start selling items related to the health and fitness but they don't know much about the topic they do business with.
    If one of their visitors asks them about any diet to eat and avoid, they have no answer to help them. That's why I suggest learning before earning.

2. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    That's very odd if someone providing a particular service and knows nothing about it. In our country a person providing health related services need to have related education and a proper diploma/degree but exceptions are there. I agree with you our governments need to keep a strict check on all such service providers.

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    That is great news from your post, learn before while you write topic. I tried to promote health products without buying them, but it is too hard for writing on them. Presently I am writing on my own products because if I guide something wrong decision then argument or will be prisoner in jail.
    The only one I suggest is if you know about certain topics, then start to promote or else leave it as that will be a risk in future.

4. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Great advice, the aim is to be an expert and authority in your niche.

5. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    That's what I feel to, how can one write posts related to engineering if he has never gone to an engineering college or writ about human body if he did not see it in a dissection room. But the internet has made it so easy you can write anything on any topic- unchecked.

6. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    The quality of the content you publish will give you credibility and trust with your visitors, and this will turn your website into a conversion machine. If you are not an expert in your niche, it will quickly become apparent to your readers.

7. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Get your users, visitors, and customers engaged with your content while they are reading your info. Include the info that they may found it helpful whenever they need regarding your products that you sell them. Keep them attracted with adding awesome titles and description. Decorate the semi-titles with eye-catching startings.

8. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Learning before we earn is truly essential for us to succeed in all aspects of life. This is my mistake before, because I refused to learn before I earn. When I was still new to internet and affiliate marketing, my mindset is that I always want to earn and have no time for learning. But hey, how come that we know how to make money online if we don't learn anything, right? One of the key factors for us to earn money in the internet through selling is simply learning. It's just like that we go back to school and finally learn what we are doing.

9. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    At least you must know a little about the products. I think the company will provide the necessary training before they let you work as a promoter. You will know what to say to the customers when they ask questions.

10. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I knew some people who writes articles about a certain topic, but cannot exactly explain how it works. I wonder how they come out with such writings. It may probably be because of research, but you should also understand what you researched. In fact, I do see a lot of sites which is quite doubtful if they really knew their niche.

11. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    When I established my retail business of computer supplies, I trained everyone that I hired to handle the sales. Since we were selling computer supplies like printer ribbons, diskettes and even computer paper, my sales people should know how to install and have ample knowledge of the items. During those days, the 5-1/4 size diskette was still in use together with the 3.5 diskettes. They know the difference and the capacity by just a glance. It's foolish to send out sales people with little knowledge of the product.

12. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Another way to look at "Learn before you earn" in my understanding, is you make sure you understand and are completely equip with the right knowledge on a specific skill. Master the skill first and then earn from it. For example, understand and master baking, when you do open a bakery store and then sell the product. The product will be good since you master baking, this means selling the product is easy and you know won't fail.

13. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    It is true that such things happen everywhere nowadays. Even if internet is an infinite library that provides all sorts of information, we should have a special interest on the subject we are dealing with. Otherwise it will lose its true spirit and the customer will not get what he really needs. It is applicable for everything including content writing, forum posting and product sales.

14. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Before starting any project it's always advisable to at least learn the basics. Even if you aren't interested in what your selling for example, you're more likely to get more customers and sell more of the product if you give the impression that you do.

People want to be secure they are buying from a knowledgeable person, giving them that impression puts their mind at ease, and helps you clinch the sale.

15. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Lack of knowledge in a particular topic that you write about does not only expose your lack of interest in the subject, but it can also tarnish your image and make you less credible. I think it is simply vital to be interested and knowledgeable about any topic you choose to write about as there are people who might be genuinely relying on the information you provide.

16. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Health and fitness is one of the more difficult markets to get into, if you want to keep your clients you have to be able to answer them at a drop of a hat. On the other hand it is probably one of the most lucrative niches online, so it's well worth your while to take a couple of hours off a day, and invest in gaining some more knowledge about these topics.

17. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    It's a true line and applicable for everyone,because without learning earning is not possible.
    And as a professional it's very important to get proper knowledge about the technologies before we are going to work on it.

A very simple example of it.if we have not knowledge about the what are steps for building backlinks,how can we do this.
    For creating a website one's should has proper knowledge of html,css,js,php.

18. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Learning about the products and services that you offer also makes you look more credible to your customers so learning is indeed a plus factor. Same with skills. Do not apply for a job which you are not really familiar with if your only goal is to earn money. Learn skills first and then work on mastering it before you earn.

19. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Absolutely right learn before earn. You should learn and get details about your work which you have to do complete. If you have not knowledge then you cannot earn money

20. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Learning things result to you being knowledgeable and credible. Your credibility as a freelancer will be on of the things that clients will look for and that is how you will become successful in your chosen field.