Link building & the big G

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I have been link building for the last couple of months using various methods and was surprised at just how many links I now have.

According to yahoo site explorer I have the following pages & links:
Pages (4,726) | Inlinks (14,818)

The big G is still showing my backlinks as 24 using the link: command with 2 comming from my own site. When I log into Googles Webmaster tools I get the following:

All pages (total links) 2804
http://worldwidetrading.co.uk/ 2046

So the big G is counting 2046 of my 15kish links.

How many links do you think google will show with the link command in the next update?

andyf

White Belt
Hehe, I hope u mean not instead of now.
How many do you think will show with the googles link: command at the next update?
It depends on how you build your links and what quality link you have, i think number of links are updated daily as they are crawled for your site.:)
For checking backlinks i would suggest you to use yahoo explorer rather than Google as yahoo gives you more number of links as compare to Google.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
For checking backlinks i would suggest you to use yahoo explorer rather than Google as yahoo gives you more number of links as compare to Google.
I can agree with this one , I also use yahoo to check for the backlinks and for the pages of my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.