Linux Kicks Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Dell has announced the debut of a new initiative designed to further demonstrate that Windows Vista is in no way a priority. The U.S. computer manufacturer is not only among the Microsoft longtime partners that have postponed the migration to Windows Vista after the first service pack of the operating system will be made available, but is also the author of poor marketing materials, and an uncommitted distributor. Dell has opted to put its customers first. In this context, the computer maker even advised large scale clients about the inherent issues associated with Vista upgrades, from the size of the images
to training problems.

But end users have also come into focus. Dell is offering both Windows XP and the Ubuntu distribution of Linux preloaded on its machines alongside Windows Vista. And the company plans to continue evolving its Linux offerings. "I wanted to be clear that Dell does have plans to offer Linux to more consumers in additional locations outside the United States. More details to come later this summer. We will also offer Ubuntu to small business customers in the future," stated Lionel Menchaca, Dell Digital Media Manager.

full

Master User

White Belt
I don't know why so many users have a problem with Vista, I don't think it's a major step up from XP but it's still a nice OS, it can't be too bad as all our major retail stores here are loading it up onto New PC's.. Even Apple has modified their boards and CPUs to handle it, now that's saying something.

Jordan

White Belt
Ubuntu is an excellent Linux Flvaor. I've used it on several different machines and it has always worked flawlessly.

I tried Vista when it first came out and it simple would not work. There were to many compatibly issues and many hardware manufactures had not made drivers for it at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.