Logo Design Contest for Webmaster Serve Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Logo Design Contest WIN $50
As part of the continue development of this forum, I will like to give it a make over starting with a new logo. I am looking for a creative logo designer, who can come up with excellent original design. All graphic designer are welcomed to come up with a new logo design for this forum, feel free to let your creativity lose. If you need help or guidance on how to proceed, let me know.

What I am looking for is a clean modern logo, not too futuristic. I look forward to what you creative guys will come up with :) More info about the contest follows:

How To Enter
--------------
To enter the logo design contest, please post your entry to this thread. Multiple entries from the same person is allowed.

Prize
-----
----------------------------------------------
The prize is $50 paid via Paypal. If you are from UK, you have the option to be paid in Cash, by Cheque or by bank transfer.
-----------
Notes for the winner
-----------------
- If you win the contest, you will transfer the rights to the design to Webmaster Serve. You may use the design for your portfolio and you will get a testimonial letter/email about winning this contest, it should be good for you portfolio.
- You must provide the source file for the logo in editable format (PSD and PNG).
- You must also provide fonts, graphics and other materials used in the logo.
- The logo needs to be very high resolution as it will be used in letterheads and other print document.
- The logo size should be about 40px x 350px
-----------------------
Notes for other participants
--------------------------------
- If you do not win the contest, you have full right to your work.
------------------------------------------------
Deadline
----------------------------------------------
Deadline for this contest is April 18 2009. The winner will be announce and paid on the deadline date.

Questions
---------
Do you have any question about this contest? Please ask :)

Last edited:

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I thought that the forum should have a mascot since most of the webmaster communities doesn't have any.
ps. keep in mind I am not a graphic designer
Thanks
Zoli

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
The icon looks great, fitting all info a logo could be a challenge thought but like you said, no Webmaster forum uses an mascot at the moment so we could be the first, thanks for that Zoli :)

Zoli

Yellow Belt
You are welcome Temi. I honestly hope that my funny try will inspire the more talented and creative guys to show their knowledge.

sarsh11

White Belt
Here's my entry :D

Made a mascot as you were discussing about it and also tried to make it a tad bit funny :)
P.S- The size you mentioned is very very small to make a logo >_>;

Last edited by a moderator:

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Why did you guess that? I think its an interesting contribution, I will see if I can get Zoli to give you some feedback, he is better than me on this king of matter.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Okay, I spent some minutes with watching your entry sarsh. I think that the text under the mascot is perfect, and I adore the used colours. The crown is good as well, but looks to me its rather a head. What I'm missing is some body. I think this is what I think.
Thanks
Zoli

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Very good try dahlia84. What I think is that you all try to design a logo which would fit to the current colour scheme and shapes. Please, don't do this! We are going to switch to something different skin in the near future. With your help, I mean with the winner logo we may choose the best template much easier.
Thanks
Zoli

D

dahlia84

Okay! A quick question - Are you guys looking for a serious/professional logo or just a funny/cool one? This would help in choosing fonts & colors.
Also , can someone explain me what idea do you want other's to have when they hear about Webmaster Serve? I mean what do you want the logo to portray/picturize/imply?
Thanks!

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
We are looking for serious professional logo. Use your creativity and imagination, do not let what other contestant enter to influence you, they have not necessarily got it right.

Thanks

Okay! A quick question - Are you guys looking for a serious/professional logo or just a funny/cool one? This would help in choosing fonts & colors.
Also , can someone explain me what idea do you want other's to have when they hear about Webmaster Serve? I mean what do you want the logo to portray/picturize/imply?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.