Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience Long Term Food Storage Plans

Discussion in 'Lifestyle and Health Topics' started by anu_smart, Dec 30, 2015.

1. anu_smart

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Long Term Food Storage Plans

It's not a bad idea to get at least a little stockpile of food in case of an emergency - catastrophes, power outages, terrorist attacks and inclement weather events could make locating food beyond your house almost hopeless.

Why Should You Have Long Term Food Storage?

Consider this quite realistic scenario: Imagine if you were captured in a long-term power outage as a result of a serious thunderstorm that caused flooding and important damage to roadways. In circumstances like that you might be stuck for weeks in your house.

It's possible disaster could strike at anytime and could occur to you personally. Having a strategy to live and flourish in just about any scenario, including water and enough food to fall back on, will keep you as well as your family fit and safe despite the severe scenario.

The guideline for water is one gallon of water per adult human daily, and remember to count pets and kids to a complete gallon of water each. The quantity of food will be dependent on your own family, however there should be enough to supply nourishment and enough calories to make sure that you stay healthy. At the very minimum, each family member ought to have the capacity to get a minimum of one complete meal daily.

What types of Food Should You Have On Hand?

It won't do much good to only stock canned foods that no one enjoys, because afterward it'll be more unlikely that everybody get the appropriate nourishment and will have enough food.

What Are a few Examples of Foods to Stock?

Prepared to eat canned goods which don't need cooking i.e. protein bars, granola bars, dried milk, peanut butter, and nuts are all examples of great things to keep in food storage. Bread, crackers, and similar products are not bad to keep as well - so long as you keep the inventory rotated and remember they will not survive as long as non-perishable things.

How can you Keep Food Things Long Term?

Have basement, cabinet, pantry, or a ledge dedicated to your emergency food storage. Everything in you may want additional storage containers or zip lock bags to keep and your emergency food supply ought to be kept in air-tight containers opened things in.

Should a big storm or alternative catastrophe happen in your town, you will be set up to live more comfortably for a longer period of time. This advice will enable you to keep and plan for long term food storage.

2. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    These are great tips for survival in the future if a disaster might happen. I agree that canned goods is not always likeable, but it surely can help at some point. It is also good to preserve food. We do preserve foods naturally in a ruberized cover of a container like vegies or fruits.

3. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Our only stocks in the cupboard are canned goods like corned beef, canned spam, sardines and other food items like peas and powdered soup. It's not for anything else but just our food stock so we need not buy every time we need. During the grocery shopping of twice a month, we make an inventory of the stocks so we could replenish. But it also doubles as emergency for calamities particularly that our place is susceptible to floods. There was a time that we couldn't get out of the village for 48 hours so those food stocks have served us well.

4. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Are you from Manila sir? Flooding is frequent there. Something the government couldn't solve. It is not easy though. But they can solve it through planning. We are prone to floods as well, but not too deep. I am lazy to go out so I just stay at home with our stored foods.

5. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Having a long term food storage plan is a good way to preserve food, but I think it will depend on what kind of food you are going to store.

6. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    @anu_smart@anu_smart is that your home? Please take pictures of your home to show us that you stock up for emergencies. If you're posting about it, that means you do it, right?

7. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I agree, more people need to start taking this seriously. Personally, I have never even considered keeping emergency supplies in case of a doomsday situation, I guess it is just difficult to imagine a situation where things were that bad. I would probably be digging into my doomsday supplies everyday instead of going shopping.