Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Making A Living With Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'General Tips and Tricks of Affiliate Marketing' started by cheezcarls, Feb 8, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    [​IMG]

If you really guys love affiliate marketing, would you rather make a living for it? For me, yes I love affiliate marketing since I was introduced to it way back 2010 by my good ol' friend Daniel Lew. If not for him, I would rather not be in this world. But of course, affiliate marketing is considered an alternative income source for all of us in order to make money, even without a starting capital. It's an eye opener and a game changer for all of us, once we are willing to learn and implement all the skills, tips, tricks, strategies and so on.

Ok so what do I need to talk about now?

Now that's a good question! For this thread today, I'm simply going to talk more on how we are able to make a living in the world of affiliate marketing. Now most of you here know how affiliate marketing works. But for the sake of people here in Webmasterserve Forums who doesn't know what affiliate marketing is all about, I can explain it to you briefly. It is how you are making money through promoting someone's product in exchange of a commission per sale through your affiliate link. You might think that this is damn simple and easy, but it's not when it comes to taking action. If you are really sure that you wanna make a living with affiliate marketing, you should be ready to pay the price and accept the challenge.

In order for you to make affiliate marketing as your career, you should always look on the reality first. But what kind of reality are we talking about anyway? Affiliate marketing is not gonna give you a fixed rate or pay you everyday for your work like the job that we have. We should be treating this like a long term business plan, and expect that there would be ups and downs on our experiences like no other. Let me tell you about my own experience where I had no job but rather relying on affiliate marketing.

I did have a high paying SEO job during that time, until my client decided not to continue anymore. So since that I have enough savings back then, I have spent much of it through buying Warrior Special Offers, software, plugins and so on. I decided myself that I should become a full time affiliate marketer. But here's the problem though.

[​IMG]

I didn't have a game plan back then....

Not only that, I wasn't emotionally ready because I need to do some research and homework first before implementing the affiliate marketing methods that I have learned from the courses that I've purchased. But here's the problem. Some of the methods that I have purchased are not really that effective, because I consider them as rehashed. But sometimes, I have an "I Already Knew That Method" attitude, but didn't take action of it.

Here's the harsh truth for everyone....

You can't make a living with affiliate marketing immediately without having a job first. I know you guys may likely to have a job working around 8 hours a day just to earn less than your boss. Worse of all, you are not going to become successful in life as long you just stick to an employee for good. But hey, I am not against the world of employment, but we have to be grateful for that at least for sustaining our daily needs. But we should not just use our paycheck to fully pay our expenses and spend on daily needs though. We should take a small percentage of our paycheck to be used for affiliate marketing experiments, so that one day we would have an increased net worth later on.

I would like to tell you guys that you should not resign yet until you have a stable income with affiliate marketing. This is my own stupid mistake before when I didn't consider getting another job that can sustain my finances, as I believe that affiliate marketing can turn things around for me. But it seems that it didn't go as planned, and I ended up getting almost broke until somebody recommended me for another high paying SEO job.

It's not smart enough to resign from your work first because you may think that you're getting consistent results with affiliate marketing. Making a living can take you a lot of time to do some hardwork on your extra time, and simply take action on what you've learned about this money making opportunity.

2. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Whether you do affiliate marketing, writing, selling product, it is really difficult to make a living from your online work. You won't be able to make a decent living even if you are working 12 hours a day. Having said that if you have designing and development skills (for example web development, software development, graphic design etc), you will earn good money

3. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Absolutely @Vinaya@Vinaya. By the way, speaking about working 12 hours a day, I have seen a post lately on Facebook about a girl who worked for 30 hours straight. She's very young, and it happened 3 years ago. After that, she collapsed and died. We can't just simply stay here on the rat race (although we still respect employment), it's just that we deserve to have quality time with our families and friends. I can relate myself that I did experienced working 16 hours in two straight days, and I feel frustrated and tired during that time. This is why we need to start doing affiliate marketing, one day at a time.

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If you want to generate a stable income from selling affiliate products, you must have a lot of websites that have high conversion rates. Focus on 5 - 10 websites and make these websites rank well and get lots of traffic and then add affiliate links to see if they would generate any affiliate sales.

5. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    If you work in a flow that you are able to maintain your projects completion and your time at the same time, you may go ahead and make your living with affiliate marketing. As it seems it is not easy to manage all the things together, it requires your outstanding skills to provide the best among all resources,to be active when live projects comes in , and relaxation from all for some time.