Message for Soulie and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Reynolds

If you are a fan of old school soul and disco check out 'Funk and Flares' with my mate Dean Brame on Exeter FM. On until ten tonight. He's just played big bad Barry White, but does play some rarities including one just now from Cissy Houston, Whitney's mum

Great show

http://www.exeter.fm

and then click 'on air' to the left of the screen and the webstream icon will appear.

Worth a listen if you are a soul and funk fan.

Mike

S

soul17

I'm there man..............moonwalking around the bedroom along the hallway and into the kitchen.
Cheers Mike.

M

Mike Reynolds

Oh great, I know the presenter Dean, quite well, it was me who suggested he get a job in radio, when I didn't have the confidence to do it myself!

Let us know what you think.

Mike

S

soul17

Car Wash wo wo wo wo.........Gwen Dickey
Lovely Lisa from Rochdale..............

M

Mike Reynolds

Is it just me, or does Lisa Stansfield get better looking with age? She is better looking now than she was 20 years ago. And that voice.....oooh, brilliant, I love her.

Mike

S

soul17

So far so good.
Very similar to the Soul prog on Southern FM on a Sat night (til the numptys stopped it) play the music, tell us who it is and get on with more music.

M

Mike Reynolds

Completely forgotten about this track, 'From East to West' by Voyage. (I think)

M

Mike Reynolds

Hey Soulie

Dean, who presented tonight's show has just been on the phone to me and we are going across my local for a pint, he wants my expert opinion on the show!! If he buys me a pint I'll say it was good!

S

soul17

Mike Reynolds said:
Hey Soulie

Dean, who presented tonight's show has just been on the phone to me and we are going across my local for a pint, he wants my expert opinion on the show!! If he buys me a pint I'll say it was good!
I had to dash off before the end, but enjoyed what i heard. One good thing is that Dean played the tracks without waffling and told us the artists that sang them. It is so frustrating to hear a track that you know but can not remember the artist.
Thumbs up from me, will tune in again.

M

Mike Reynolds

Glad you enjoyed it, didn't get to see Dean as the pub he was in was so packed that I couldn't even get to the bar! He did make a slight cock up though, when he very nearly said the name of the radio station he used to work for! He was a bit flustered about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.