Micrsoft or Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Linux

My choice is linux for stability and speed. There are currently very few viri for Linux and the speed of compatibilty is gaining fast.

Some things take a while to get working (some hardware is a pain) but if you read reviews you will find most people who try Linux seem to stick with it)

Most use Windows cos its what came with their Dell / Gateway / Tiny PC but try something new. It might be better.

Peace

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Linux is really fast... I use it for internet mostly since it runs so fast with Firefox.

I hear Dell is selling some desktops now with Linux on it (Ubuntu), and I'm pretty sure people are going to change their mind about being a Windows fan.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Dell are doing good by selling desktops with Linux. This way, both Linux and Dell will benefit as it is a lower cost for Dell

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
dell

indeed, dell picking up linux will break a whole new lot of users. pushing for more support from dell partners for their products

Peace

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
I'm definitely excited.... I've never been a fan of Dell, and maybe in the future I'll get a Dell w/ Linux to see if I'll become a fan :p

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
could just dual boot your current rig. Just need some unpartitioned hard drive space. You could also run VirtualBox and install it to an image file on your current partition.

I used to run XP through virtualbox on a 5gb file. Was funny. You also set how much ram to use when it is running, 256Mb is fine

Have a go with VirtualBox. You can even run Linux within Windows on Linux if you want. Or even Windows within windows. Its limited only by your system resources

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.