Modding Sid Meier's Civilization IVModding Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clau

The 1996 release of Sid Meier's Civilization II represented a huge step forward for the series (which was originally created in 1991), and the change that probably had the most significant long-term impact on the Civ community, was the addition of the concept of fan-created content. The fact that people are still creating and sharing scenarios for Civ II, is a testament to this theory. With Sid Meier's Civilization IV, our team at Firaxis is trying to recapture that level of interest and then completely surpass it. Our goal is to make this the most moddable version of Civ ever, so we created three levels of tools offering fun, accessible modding options for every type of player - from casual to hard-core.

The first level is the World Builder, which is an easy-to-use, yet powerful map editor allowing gamers with little experience to create custom worlds. At any time during a game, players can call up the world builder and change

numerous things on the map. They can add rivers, place tiles, resources, roads, improvements, cities, units, and nearly anything else that appears on a map. Players can determine which buildings are in the cities, how many people live in any city, what each city is producing, what each Civ has researched. They can also establish who is at war and each AI's attitude toward every other Civ. World Builder offers a fun accessible way for anyone to create quick, customized scenarios.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Modding-Sid-Meier-s-Civilization-IV-9190.shtml

E

ealex

game is ok, not that monstruous change in gameplay, nor graphics I'd say. it's a lot shinier obviously, and hase some cute videos, but all in all it's still civilisation, and in my eyes it doesn't justify the increased performances it asks for.

at least on my xp1600/gforce4/256ram it runs like crap.

C

clau

I have basicly the same configuration but with 512Ram more. The game runs a little slow on my PC. But I need to contradict you. It has much better graphic than the previous Civilization.

Gameplay also improved with new possibilities and actions. It is much more pleasure to play than the other civilizations. If you like this series than you will surely enjoy this new part of it.

Claudiu

Status
Not open for further replies.