Music books of 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky sharp

Racy recollections of bad behaviour, rehab and recovery dominate our reviewer's pick of the year's most entertaining music books

bookshttp://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/showbiz/article2913860.ece

BESTSELLERS

1 Eric Clapton: The Autobiography
(Century) 49,085

2 Ronnie: The Autobiography by Ronnie Wood
(Macmillan) 19,995

3 Barefaced Lies and Boogie-woogie Boasts by Jools Holland
(M Joseph) 17,000

4 Bit of a Blur by Alex James
(Little, Brown) 16,445

5The Autobiography by Johnnie Walker
(M Joseph) 15,660

R

RobbieM

I've read number (5) and it's very good indeed. I look forward to reading Numbers (1) (2) and (3) very soon! I was on the verge of buying Clapton's autobio but I've decided to leave it a few weeks........ I've been dropping hints!

P

Peter de Meteor

I enjoyed Johnnie Walker's autobiography as well; it was a real page-turner and I felt it could have been longer.

None of the others hold much interest for me, I'm afraid (well, maybe the Jools Holland one). :study:

R

Red Baron

I've read Johnnies - obviously :)

Was also tempted by Clapton's - but I also, thought it best to wait and drop hints!

RB

M

Mike Reynolds

On his show recently, Johnnie said that the book was longer as wrtitten but was edited to come down to the required number of words. He hopes the unexpurgated version will one day be issued.

I want the Jools Holland one!

R

Red Baron

I could easily have read more of Johnnies - I found it fascinating!

I think he's someone I would invite for dinner! :D

RB
Mike Reynolds said:
On his show recently, Johnnie said that the book was longer as wrtitten but was edited to come down to the required number of words. He hopes the unexpurgated version will one day be issued.

I want the Jools Holland one!

A

Agent Sizzle

Hmmm, I haven't read a good music book for ages.

The Jools Holland one sounds interesting, I'd be interested to read about his experiences with Squeeze, as well as the Tube and so on.

I think the last music book I read was either Marc Almond's autobiography Tainted Life (excellent read, completely :shock:) or the Squeeze Song By Song, which the lovely Mr Agent got signed for me :love7:

O

Oldraver

I wouldn't want to read the Clapton....bit whingey, I would have thought.....i've read one book on him..and this one doesn't appear to be any different...same goes for Ronnie Wood. I've read one on him..and from the excerpts I read online...all old news.

The Alex James one got a terrifc review. I'd read that. Heard some of Jool's opne..when it was Book Of The Week a few weeks back..on Radio 4...thank you Becky, for telling me it was on. The places he mentioned are very familiar to me..so I would read that too.

I'm going to buy Johnnie Walker's book, I think. I've waited for ages...and it sounds a must.

L

Lovewood

Was Cider With Roadies published this year, or last? If this year, its a crime that it didn't reach the top 5.

I'm with 'raver I think. Alex James is an extraordinary, interesting and eloquent man. I'd read his, however I'm not in any way interested in what wood and Clapton haev to say, so much as what they have had to play, over their careers.

I did pick up the coffee table glossy Rolling With The Stones a couple of years ago though. They reproduced a really lovely note that Brian Jones scrawled from a DC10 high over the Pacific, then sent to MLO. I'll have to wait until I get home to quote it. It pays to get these things accurate. Brilliant it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.