Musical future for phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Analyst Bill Thompson has seen the future and it is in his son's hands.

Music could be the killer application for 3G phones
I bought my son Max a 3G phone, partly because they are so cheap and he needed a phone, and partly because I am supposed to know about the latest technology and thought I should see how they work in real life.

After using it for a while I am not at all tempted to get rid of my SonyEricsson P800 smart phone.

That has a relatively large screen, even if it does only have slower GPRS access to the network. I can read my e-mail, surf the web using a proper browser and write stuff using the stylus on its touch screen.

Last week someone e-mailed me a document that had been compressed into a ZIP file, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my phone even knew how to decompress it for me.

By contrast the confusing menus, complicated keyboard and truly irritating user interface of Max's 3G phone simply get in the way, and I did not see much value in the paid-for services, especially the limited web access.

The videos of entertainment news, horoscopes and the latest celebrity gossip did not appeal, and I did not see how the small screen could be useful for any sort of image, never mind micro-TV.

full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4032615.stm

O

ovi

Nice One

I understand the guy very well, I use a Ericsson T39m, I can say that is a GREATE MOBILE PHONE, is a bussiness class phone, he has everything I can need, IR, Bluetooth, EMS, data transfer with 14400bps, GPRS, HSCSD, POP3 email, WAP (WML), the screen is Grafic grayscale with size: 101 x 54 pixeli, with 4 lines.
I can say only this: I never use all the features of this phone.
I am a mobile phones freek and i keep use this phone from 1 year and i will continue to use this till he die :)

Ovi

O

ovi

Mobiles

Temi, maybe will be utile to open a mobile phones thread, maybe there are some other mobile phones freeks like me :)

Ovi

Status
Not open for further replies.