Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience My experience with mailchimp

Discussion in 'Mailchimp Related Email Marketing Issues' started by challengewriter, Dec 9, 2015.

1. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I was using Mailchimp, just fine and I am very sure I stuck strictly to the rules and regulations, because I had not even started to use the email services, I was creating and was just testing it, when my account got blocked and the reason it said I got blocked for I checked and checked, but I did not violate any law, so I got angry because of the time and effort I had put in creating and designing the messages. I had no choice but to deleted everything, because of this experience I haven't tried another Email Marketing provider because of this experience.

2. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Mailchimp or any email marketing providers are very wary of how their customers are getting their mailing lists. Due to the menace of spam on the internet today which costs the industry billions of dollars, these reputed email marketing companies block your account as soon as they see a high percentage of your recipients marking your email as spam or the emails bouncing as undelivered.

The key is to generate a mailing list via legals means by asking the website visitors if they would like to join the mailing list and only sending them emails related to the niche when they first subscribed to your mailing list and not sharing this mailing list with other marketers or businesses. Buying mailing lists is not a good idea, this is what most spammers do, they buy millions and millions of emails via mailing lists and spam the heck out of these email addresses. Any reputed company like Mailchimp or Aweber, constant contact etc will try to be careful lest their own servers start being marked as spam servers due to their customers use of stolen, bought or illegally generated mailing lists.

3. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    @Solmak@Solmak, the problem was I had not even distributed the email, I had nobody on my mailing list. I had yet to start using it, it was a bad experience and I have decided to refrain from those sites and doing it myself,I'll hire somebody in the future if the needs arises and your advice surely will help people who are thinking of using the email services.

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter
    If you are keen to get start with them and got banned means they might did because of your country that you are living. In India most of the emails pertaining to Nigerians goes into junk.
    Few Nigerians were arrested here in Hyderabad for sending emails to cheat people. The problem is more unstable to read Nigerian people emails in India.

I am not insulting to your country, but it has been happening and how brave these people are.

5. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    No, you didn't insult my country, my country isn't the problem nor the issue. The problem is the majority of stupid Nigerians who spoil our image online, with their scams and making life hard for the rest of us.

6. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Yeah, for some reason scams just have taken off from your country. It probably was just a handful of people who started it, but then because they had some success everyone imitated them. I am from the US but have lived most of my life overseas, and it really is not fair how quickly we punish the people of an entire country for stuff like this. And really, the more annoying part is that the scammers know how to circumvent stuff like this, but the honest peope don´t. So the scammers from your country are probably using mailchimp just fine, while you can´t.

7. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Yes they initiated as much people as possible, I have even seen some stupid cousins of mine, actually committing frauds, I don't know why they think it is a sensible way to get money, my money got so fed up, she kicked them out of her home, the sad thing is that, they are wasting time online, when they can be looking for actual jobs. Now the cops arrest people they suspect of committing this online fraud, which I say is very good. We should get a Cyber crime unit here, it would be a big hit.

8. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Great point. Isn't there a process where you have the potential subscriber click on a confirmation link in their email? I get this from a lot of lists I subscribe to. It seems like this would make sure they want to be on your list. Am I correct? Does mailchimp offer this service? I am interested in mailchimp, because if I'm not mistaken, I can start out free until I get a certain number of subscribers.

9. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have not used mailchimp however I have read good reviews about this service. I am even thinking to use service to market my contents. In fact I don't know how this works. Do I have to pay for the service or it is a free service. If it is a paid service, how is the pricing. I am subscribed to many mail chimp newsletters however I have not thought to use this until now.