Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience My Own Product Selling Experience

Discussion in 'Product Sales' started by cheezcarls, Feb 1, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    [​IMG]

Hello to all WMS members!

I hope you guys are having fun in terms of making money now by selling products that you have, or affiliate offers in exchange of commission once and for all. But for those of you who aren't earning a dime yet in the internet, it's not yet too late though. You still have a chance to get the first result that you have in your product selling or sharing technique. But in order for you to get your first result, you need to be ready to take risks and endure the challenges that will be coming to you. Even for myself, I was so challenged on what I am doing right now to make money with my money making machines. As of now, I am still trying to figure out on which method or tactic is going to be quite effective for myself like no other. As a matter of fact, it is better to try rather than to back out of the challenge. If others are trying again and again without giving up, so do we.

It is actually normal that we might get rejected and discouraged by so many people around the corner, especially our close ones. But at least it is up to us on how we're going to respond to this one. In this thread of mine, I am now going to share my own true experience when it comes to product selling for both offline and online.

It was way back several years ago,and I am still a student on trying to find ways to earn money on my own. I was only earning more than $10 through my parents' and late grandma's weekly allowance. It's hard to save because I am so addicted in spending more on food and computer games. I was almost kicked out twice in the university because I have so many failed grades and dropped subjects too. I was struggling back then, they cut my allowance, but I did found a way in which my grandma supported me, because she loves me very much. I joined a network marketing business worth $10 only to invest, and I got products with me plus the business kit. My parents are surprised that I entered the business even though I am just a student, but they keep discouraged me. I sell coffee back then, and it was good. I was doing hard selling back then and I was a complete "noob". So many rejections happened in my life, but during that time it was hard to endure. Due to my commitment in finishing my studies, I finally stopped it and decided to move forward.

[​IMG]
    Another selling experience that I have is during the time I'm a graduating student. We do have a boutique business back then owned by my mom and my aunt from United States. I was a volunteer every Sundays because one of the employees are having a day off during that day. For me, it was okay back then when I'm still a student. But I do have an idea of selling cosmetics to my female classmates even if I'm a guy. I was not ashamed because I believe that I can make a difference, just like the owner of Ever Bilena cosmetics who is a guy too.

Maybe my other classmates are making fun of me selling cosmetics, but others are willing to try them out and buy from me. After all, any line of business can be done by either male or female. There's nothing to be ashamed though, and I'm happy of it. After all, I finally learned how to sell efficiently until I stopped again due to my commitment in taking my duties to our now defunct internet cafe. Years later, I have joined another network marketing company in which I can now promote them both offline and online. But I usually do offline, because I am inviting them to hear the opportunity that I am in now. At the same time, I am selling products in order to help those people who are suffering degenerative diseases. As my selling exposure goes on, I have improved my selling techniques by not doing hard selling, but rather sharing it from the heart, and it's up to them if they wanna try or not without forcing them. In that way, I win some of them and they repeatedly ordered products from me.

What's the point of my selling experience? It is all about not being ashamed of ourselves when trying to sell or share anything. If you're a guy who sells cosmetics, be proud. If you're a girl who sells men's clothing, be proud as well. I hope you guys have learned something here on this thread alone.

Cheers!​

2. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I do not like networking because the commission one gets from the sales of another is not fair. However, I find that networking is a good training ground for an aspiring sales person. Their marketing techniques cannot be discounted for they are designed to sell (by force). My niece has been with a networking group selling food supplements for 2 years now. And although I don't approve of it, I have noticed the positive change in her personality. Where before she was timid, now she is outgoing and pretty aggressive in a nice way.

3. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy I am kinda confused about your statement "the commission one gets from the sales of another is not fair", can you explain this clearly for me to fully understand?

I honestly understand with your point about network marketing, but it's actually a legitimate business type. Harvard University, De La Salle University (DLSU) and Ateneo De Manila University (ADMU) have courses about direct selling and network marketing (kindly research on that if you have time), which means this is a legit system. Network marketing is actually the reason why United States has recovered from their economic downfall aside from gaming and music industry. There are other companies out there who are just destroying the image of network marketing, but not mine because our system is fair for everyone even if you are on the lower tier on the group.

4. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    The scheme of networking in my example is like this. A recruits B. Then A earns a commission from his sales and also earns from the commission from the sales of B. And when B gets a recruit.. C then A also earns commission from the sales of C. They call it downline - B and C are downlines of A. To me, that scheme is unfair. Worse, most of the networking products are herbal items which have "no approved therapeutic claim" so my impression is that the business is all about more of networking and less of the product.

5. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I actually agree on what you have said about their system, but please don't think that I am inviting you to my opportunity, because I respect your point of view. I also respect other companies, but through their system it is not really designed to last long. Unlike mine, I don't get commission when you sign up as a product user and it's almost 25 years in the industry right now, so it's a fair game to all of us whether you are new or old. We don't earn money through recruitment, but through product points whether you gonna be a regular discounted user or serious in making this an advocacy to help people who are in need of the products. In the company I am in now, we focus more on the products rather than the business side @Alexandoy@Alexandoy.

By the way, the products that I'm promoting are the only ones in the country that have no "No Approved Therapeutic Claim" label, which means the product is safe and purely effective. But I think it's not good for me to mention it here on the public. :)

6. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    In these days men work under ladies, so we are not getting ashamed with them, in the same manner selling ladies products is not bad unless we have profit, but running those offline here we get ashamed. My friends would tease if I started a bangle store.
    The market has been gone down compared to the IT even if you are selling online.
    I tried to sell myself some of the products like ladies dresses, but later removed them by working online on another projects.
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy
    That is chain type and if we build down-line then their would be profits else we are loser in the game. I did this type too long back and lost some of my monies by recruiting own family members and from their no one was looking to join nuder them.

@cheezcarls@cheezcarls
    Do you like to do such business now? I know you won't do because of more money through Freelancing.

7. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    Work is work which can be anything, it is no matter to ashamed on it. If somebody tease you then no need mind their words. You have to do your work very honestly. It will give you money that will fulfill your need. That is very important.