Neutral My take on hostgator shared hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Yellow Belt
In early 2010 (I think), I decided to purchase some HostGator hosting. I started with their shared hosting and support was great. Their live support staff were unable to handle some technical questions (required tickets) but all was good when it came to regular search, read and type answers.

The first script I decided to use on their shared server was the vBulletin 4 script. I hosted a small forum which I built from the ground up followed by a website I developed from scratch. Their servers (well for my plan so I guess you can say, "my...") were strained and the pages of the forum loaded slowly. I complained everyday to their staff - one staff member's reply was, "it's your script" (end of conversation) while another was, "we're looking into this & suspending others' hosting plans that are using up all of their resources". Of course, at this time there were only a couple of members at my site. Heck, they never connected simultaneously.

I gave up on their shared hosting. I've also read reviews from customers that decided to purchase their VPS and dedicated servers (at their OWN forum) and it totally turned me off and maybe even saved my wallet, heh. I had the cash so I decided to purchase a dedicated VPS from another web hosting company (I knew the owner) and I made every cent back including nice figure profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.