Need help on web designing software

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oliverscott80

Hey guys!!I am new to this forum and also I don't have any knowledge about web designing software. I am planning to buy a new laptop for my wife. She is a professional web designer. I am also planning to install a web designing software in the laptop. I was just confused as to which software should I go for dreamweaver latest edition or any other software? All I know is that she is doing her work on MS expressions and was keen on upgrading to something better. I want to buy her the best software available in the market so price is no issue. So all the professionals out there please help me in picking the right stuff from the right place. I am sorry if you find this post unprofessional. Many thanks in advance.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
She will definetly need a version of adobe photoshop cs2, cs3 or cs4 to design a webdesign before she can code it in dreamweaver. And a second fact is that the code will be crap if you use dreamweaver without knowing how to fix it.

J

john10

The actual software she uses to code with is largely irrelevant, so you pick the one that's best suited to her style of working. But as you say she is a 'professional' web designer she must be having the knowledge of DW CS4. So you can go for it or if you are looking for a complete package then I will suggest you to go for CS4 design premium suite which will also include dreamweaver CS4 with many other professional tools. Though it is a bit expensive but you will be getting the complete bunch of software used by professionals. Someone suggested ecostsoftware.com/adobe/adobe-creative-suite-cs4-design-premium-win_p4060 . You can consider buying it from here.

sitefarmer

White Belt
I do personally use photoshop + dreamweaver + font manager (like suitcase extensis) but you can ask your wife about that :p

O

oddstake

most web designer using photoshop CS2 and so forth! i also prefer photoshop too....

S

Sh_Shawn

I think you should better ask your wife what software she needs. Different people prefer different software to work with...

Bob Barr

Yellow Belt
I think you should better ask your wife what software she needs. Different people prefer different software to work with...
Bingo! With the wife being a professional web designer, she probably already has her favorite working environment set up on whatever computer she's using. Don't try to change mama's toolset. :)

dylangle3

White Belt
I rather ask her.
Being a professional also comes with preferences. I know you dont want ending with unwanted sytem/software purchases. I feel you're ready to spend big money here.

Ask her man!

webtech

White Belt
Adobe Master Suit is Very Useful to your need. That Package include Dreamweaver, it is using to website designing and other softwares using to graphics and Animation.

A

AvailHosting

You can make selection from the adobe applications like photoshop or Fireworks and Firebug, Dreamweaver or Panic Coda.

mikeinlincs

Yellow Belt
She will have the best webdesign tool allready installed if it's a windows OS tell her to use Notepad and learn to code in html, asp, php and javascript. Photshop for images...

Mike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.