Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question .net Programming Vs Php

Discussion in '.NET Programming' started by Doominic anderson, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Both of the languages are used in creation of a dynamic website and both have attractive features.
    But i want to know that which language is used most by people for creation of the website.
    .NET exceeds PHP or PHP exceeds .NET.

2. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Hello dear @Doominic anderson@Doominic anderson, with a reported market share of 81.8% as of today, it is safe to say PHP is still king on the web :)

w3tech_2016-02-06.

(Source)

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    PHP is the one top language for creating websites and its very easy to learn if you know or can understand C language. In my view PHP is the way to go ahead and the hosting charges are too low compared to host .net scripts.
    As for me, my friends, and most people in forums considers for PHP language.

The above screenshot is correct, you will find a lot people in the market for PHP programmers requirement.

4. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    @bharath@bharath PHP has inherited most of the features of C like operators, block statements and control structures, etc, but still it has nothing similar like C.
    C is not the product or package but PHP is a package developed by PHP group in 1995.
    PHP does not supports string, pointers (big part of C), size functions, fixed size array, etc,
    Even general permissions are poor in PHP.
    Maybe @Oldwriter@Oldwriter can explains you better than me.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra
    Learning through C is good for anything as it is a startup in our colleges. Php is easier to learn as I did on Tizag website, but I am not interested in knowing or learning PHP.
    The above guy asked .net and PHP as for his question I replied go through PHP as it is most useful language for website designing.

6. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Yes, @bharath@bharath choosing "C" as a basic language to learn is really grant you to become an establish programmer. Since "C" is mother of all languages so it almost covers a lot of features of any modern or old level of programming.
    Moreover, Looping, Statement, Block programming, etc, are all the same in every level of programming.
    If the output is to addition of two numbers then all level of languages will be using the concept of "asking two numbers from users and displaying the sum". The syntax and language may chance but the way it will execute will be the same.
    I remember, the first languages i have studied was "LOGO" in year 1993. These were the days, we are only allowed to touch the computer to program for just 10 minutes per student and rest of the days we just remain silent goat :)

I appreciate you encourage people to start off with the programming languages like, "C". It really has a great capability and so forth understanding.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra
    Thanks, I too got in my mind about LOGO Language, when we are in school something I remember that he showed about calculation, but still can't remember properly. The PC doesn't have an Hard drive and it is red monitor, as you mentioned you were getting 10 mins per a student, but we get once in a month or for two months.The sir told the PC costs 20k INR in those days.

We all are interested in learning, but we are in 9th and in 10th School removed computer class for better preparation in board Exam.
    I did some of coding few years back for my purpose, but it took more time to fix, etc.
    this was I seen in my life A blogger can make more money than a programmer,. Although we can't go back and start coding, because of time is over and days had passed away.

Have you tried anything either making a Wordpress plugin, or any integration?

8. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    @bharath@bharath : It is really embarrassing man for both of us to not be even offered to touch those PC's just for price and because of these were the new trends and hardly people were aware about it.
    I studied LOGO in 2003 and i remembered my sir told me that it took him a month almost to carry out the drawing of country map. I am sure it will not me more than few hours or a day from my spare time.

Well, honestly, no. I do not program for plugins i know the market is full of offerings and i will last somewhere without any profit.