Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience Never Waste Time On Advertising Your Websites With These Traffic Sources

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by cheezcarls, Feb 1, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone!

It's Monday again, and let's get started to heat up for today! I hope that most of you are having a great weekend. While others are enjoying on their weekends, there are still people out there who are busy working for their own dreams. But hey, there's nothing wrong if we want to enjoy our weekends, you know? It's an opportunity where you can refresh your mind and body before going back to work again. But if you are one of those people who simply work for your goals and dreams, there's nobody can stop you from working even during weekends. After all, it is not going to be permanent. You might sacrifice right now, but you may enjoy one day for life after a few years or so.

But anyways, let's get straight to the point here everyone. In this article that I have for you right now, I will be sharing something on what I have experienced before during my early times of trying to make money online. I was still a student back then, but I have the willingness to earn money for myself instead of receiving weekly allowance from my parents and my late grandma. My allowance was just more than $10 a week in Philippine peso, so I was really looking for something that can give me more than what I have during that time. My best buddy Peter introduced me to a PTC site back then, and it opened my eyes to explore some more. I was earning cents on PTC sites coming from several of them, and Peter is always registering under my affiliate link. It opened a new opportunity for me even though I just earned cents, but my parents were not happy of what I am doing, and I was forced to stop and focused on my studies.

However, I still logging in to these sites and earn some cents secretly to various internet shops where they can't find me that easily. Because of PTC sites, I have withdraw more than $15 only, but it was enough for me to prove that money was indeed real in the world of PTC and autosurf websites once and for all. I treated Peter at Pizza Hut as a way of saying thank you for introducing me into this world. However, I wasn't satisfied back then, because I want more than that. I saved money in order to deposit to my bank account during that time, and I am just researching on what other methods or tactics I could learn in order to maximize my income, and the answer is advertising on PTC sites. So I immediately tried to invest on advertising and marketing offers that could possibly make me money, but in the end I got low results and I didn't made my money back. The same thing goes if we are going to advertise our affiliate and CPA websites with these traffic sources, as I can say that they're completely a waste of time for me and for you.

[​IMG]

I am now going to reveal these three traffic sources you should avoid to advertise your websites in order to make money for yourself:

1. Manual/Auto Traffic Exchange Sites

This is one of the best options in terms of incentive traffic, but I think this is a complete waste of time. You know why? The traffic right there isn't quality and valuable, because those people who joined in these traffic exchanges are having the mindset just to earn cents while surfing on these websites. My best buddy is one of them, as his mindset is to earn cents and not checking out the ads.

2. Paid To Click (PTC) Advertising

It is the first ever advertising source that I had dealt with, as I am trying to get more referrals in order to make money with the programs that I have joined. But I would not advise that you should be using this source for your affiliate and CPA offers, as they will quickly ban you for good.

3. Social Exchanging

Another advertising source that wasted my time is no other than social exchanging sites like Youlikehits and others. The goal is to be getting more likes, tweets and subscribers coming from random people who are not really called as "real and targeted" customers. In other words, you won't be getting results even if you have a lot of likes coming from unreal viewers.

I hope you guys have learned something on my article right now. If you are guilty of being the one who advertise your websites and blogs with these three advertising sources, at least you've learned your lesson. Avoid these sources immediately.

2. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Nice post. I agree that advertising with traffic exchanges and PTC sites is very ineffective because most of the viewers click on the ads just to get credited, without really being interested in the content. I tried advertising with such sites for a while, only getting one sign-up after my banners and links received over a thousand clicks.

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    These auto traffic generator and paid traffic does not necessary that they can drive you some real "Human" traffic. It does not mean some real human traffic sellers are worse.
    PTC and auto traffic generator also give a bad vision for your website. A sudden incline in traffic and sudden drop also give a poor meaning of our website to search engines.

4. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I think social exchanging can benefit you a little if you are starting a new social media campaign. Reason I say that is I think a social page with more likes will generate more natural likes and followers due to social validation. If a viewer sees a facebook page has lots of likes, they are probably going to assume the page offers a great deal of value. So even though fake likes and followers seem like a waste of time, which is true for the most part, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    The first two are just for eating bandwidth and the third point is where you can get some reputation.
    I used just retweet in order to get tweets on my stories and obviously it shows some referral traffic and the blog post looks like real engagement.
    The traffic is nothing and they never convert it into a dime as all be bots. It's good to use in startup for social exchanging, but I am not getting why you want to ignore it.

6. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    TEs are really only good if you're trying to do some black hat stuff. Otherwise, they have little value. Also, search engines like Google know when you use PTC websites and any sudden jumps will be ignored by the algorithm. That is why these techniques are now relatively obsolete.

7. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    You are absolutely right. I am already familiar with the first two cases, traffic exchanges and PTCs. Both are sheer waste of time and energy and you are not going to get any good results from them. In both the cases the viewers are not really interested in what is being displayed in the advertisement. They are more concerned about their personal gains by running the advertisement in their systems. So, the lead conversion rate would be really dismal.

8. richj8am30

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thank you, I have used PTC sites in the past. I think that it is perfectly alright if you are selling your own product. One thing that you have to realize is though they give you a certain number of viewers that will visit your site, they will not all come at once. One way around this is to actually use more than one PTC site at a time. If you can figure out what rate you would like to have your site visited then you can pay a reasonable amount of money, spread out to multiple PTC sites that will all usher in visitors at the same time, giving you the possible results that you are looking for. Remember though, if you are working for an affiliate site do not use PTC sites because they will ban you as this post states.

9. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    When it comes to advertising your website using auto surf traffic exchange sites, the job is worthless and won't give you any benefit but a bad reputation.

However, you can use social traffic sites and also, can submit the messages giving your links on some sites made for this purpose.

10. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Yes it does benefit me a bit, especially for brand new Facebook fan pages. But still the ones who liked the Facebook fan pages, following your Twitter account, etc., aren't real targeted customers and may not care about your offer. Right now, my niche Twitter accounts are having more real targeted and highly engaged followers at most, in which I can say it's worth it using a legit automated Twitter software.

I usually ignore social exchanging because they are nothing but fake likes and followers, and it's something that I don't want. Although I respect these social exchanging sites, but the thing is that they're not really for me. I hope you finally understand my own point of view in them.

11. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    This February 2016 I would be almost 5 years in blogging. I maintain my humble several blogs for a period of years of that long. Without own efforts by reading testimonies of good bloggers I learn from them on they have succeeded. In so doing, my blog sites had increased their traffic, but I have never ever adapted those techniques mentioned here. I once tried social exchange for I have joined two or three groups in the Facebook but to no avail. Some of the group members are not doing their task religiously.

12. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I have tried PTC before and it is not that effective in terms of boosting traffic into a page or website. People are commonly paid to click without even viewing or reading the page that they're on.

13. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I would like to say congratulations that you are on your 5th year of blogging. Just like you, I don't use PTC or traffic exchanges to promote and gain traffic to my own blogs, because I know how they work. Yes, you might be getting tons of traffic everyday with them, but it is going to be a low quality one because the visitors are not targeted and unreal for good.

Exactly @masterbusiness@masterbusiness. I respect PTC sites, but we must always look on the reality of this one. PTC sites are just an additional way of getting traffic to our respective websites, but the audience isn't quality and targeted as expected.