New Unreal Tournement details

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_John121

Yellow Belt
New vehicles, new weapons and voice-controlled AI for the Unreal Engine 3-based shooter

New details of the next Unreal Tournament game have recently been revealed, with gameplay being put ahead of graphics for the Unreal Engine 3-powered FPS title.

Maps will apparently only be populated with nice looking textures and realistic trees once the actual layouts have been finalised.

While no concrete information on vehicles has been revealed, pictures in a US videogames magazine suggest a next-generation Goliath tank and scorpion buggy are certain to be included.

The game will also feature voice-controlled AI, suitably simulating the talking-to-your-team-buddies feel that lonely or offline gamers can't experience, while also making things easier by removing the need to cycle menus in order to tell your bots to go get the enemy's flag.

Capture the Flag will make a return, along with Onslaught, the customary Deathmatch and an intriguing Conquest mode, where players (each sporting unique armour) battle on huge maps three times the size of Onslaught equivalents.

Finally, there will also be a global ratings system, which will allow players and clans to compare scores with others from all over the world.
----------
This is gonna be so cool. For I havent played any Unreal Games.. I have seen the graphics and they rocked, Maybe I will play this one..

Duke

Yellow Belt
I'm staying away from Unreal Engine Powered Games. UT2K4 had a lot of issues with users getting hacked while playing online, it's one of the biggest reason that I didn't pick it up. That and the fact that I'm a WW2 junkie and like being a ground pounding BAR Whore.

Also, IL 2 FB r0x0rz.

imported_John121

Yellow Belt
Lol. I pretty sure users complained of the hacking issue. Im sure they have fixed it. But I feel you.. to work soo hard then be hacked and its all gone... wow.

Duke

Yellow Belt
I'm pretty sure that game has pretty much run out it's creative cycle. It's starting to turn into just another Rocky or Rambo movie, some new interesting eye candy and a bit of a change of pace, and some new packaging, but pretty much a waste of your time and money. Not to mention the Unreal Engine is really dated now. Take one look at Brothers In Arms and you'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.