Obama uses iPhone to win support

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
US Democratic candidate Barack Obama is set to turn the iPhone into a political recruiting tool with an application aimed at getting the vote out.
The software has a "Call Friends" option to help organise contacts in swing states.
A note about the software on Mr Obama's blog said: "This tool is designed to help you become more directly involved in our campaign to change the country."
The free application was developed by volunteers in less than three weeks.
"This really has the potential to help the campaign," said Jason Grigsby, one of the project leaders.
"The use of mobile technology to get out the vote and get people involved is a way for the grass roots to really make an impact."
In a recent blog entry the campaign wrote: "With only 33 days left, it's more important than ever to call your friends and family to make sure they are registered and voting for Barack." The blog also said that it hoped the "Call Friends" feature would "generate thousands of additional personal contacts" - that would then be turned into votes.

Read more

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
great, now on top of telemarketers calling me I will have Obama and McCain calling me now to tell me about their current political platforms, lol

jaibin

Yellow Belt
This shows that Obama take all advanced technology to win the election. We can also see that how mobile technology can impact political change.

--------------------
Jaibin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.