Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Old Version Of Google Analytics Is Not Available From Now

Discussion in 'Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools' started by Evgeniy, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evgeniy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Yesterday was the last day when you can use the old version of Google Analytics. Google announced today that they are officially retiring the old version. They gave site owners over a year to get used to new version.

Here are some features that you can find only in new version of analytics:

• Multi-Channel Funnels provides insight on the full path to conversion over a 30 day period. The variety of marketing channels used to find your website, and not simply the last click, so you can make better decisions on your marketing investments.
    • Social Reports help you measure the impact of your social marketing initiatives and evaluate the effect social media has on the metrics which matter to your business.
    • Mobile Reports show how visitors from mobile devices and AdWords mobile campaigns engage with your website. See how many pages they visit, how much time they spend, as well as conversion and ecommerce insights to help you optimize your mobile strategies.

Have you faced with the difficulties of new analytics version?

2. Alex

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    No, I was pleasantly surprised and although it took me a couple of days to get used to everything, I was getting to know the new interface with a smile on my face. I really prefer it over the old one and I am usually the guy who likes to keep things as they are.

That being said, I like the new interface and I think it's great.

3. Marc

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I don't care about the interface as long as it loads my statistics without issues.

I remember with Adsense, I loved that simple user-interface and of course that's the one I missed when stuff changed.
    I had to take several minutes actually searching to find how to view my stats (because things changed, heh..).

I could have cared less about Analytics, to be honest. I don't think much changed when referring to their positioning (although I'm not sure).
    Either way, I think I switched to the new Analytics interface as soon as they released it, :)

4. Evgeniy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Personal for me, I switched to new Google analytics version not soon as you guys. I was using an old version for a couple of month after release of updated interface. It was difficult at first because they have changed a lot of small details. But at now I even don't remember how the old interface looks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.