My Suggestion On-page Seo Checklist

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
On-page SEO focuses on optimizing things that are happening on your website pages. The following is a list of on-page SEO checklist that can help your site to rank better in organic search.

• Post high quality content. It is best to write longer content, for example 1,000 - 1,500 words because it makes your article more useful compared to most other sites which post shorter articles. Posting longer articles is recommended when you are targeting for competitive keywords.
  • Use H1 tag in the title of the article. Some Wordpress themes automatically wrap your titles in H1 tag.
  • Targeted keyword included in page title
  • Targeted keyword included in sub headline
  • Repeat keyword 3 - 10 times in the article. The keyword must appear in the first 100 – 150 words paragraph to emphasize it in your article
  • Avoid using defeault permalink such as abc.com/p=123. Instead the first 3 – 5 words of the URL should talks about what your content is about.
  • Include at least one relevant image to help illustrate the points in the article. Adding videos can help to reduce the bounce rate and increase the amount of time the user stay on the page.
  • Tag the image with an appropriate captions
  • Make sure there is no spelling/grammar mistakes
  • Adding outbound links to authoritative sites such as About.com can boost your pagerank.
  • Add social media buttons to allow people to share your content or discuss about it.

Vinaya

Thanks for the reminder. However, I have reservation on one of the points you have mentioned. I don't use outbound links on content sites for I might lose traffic. If information is found on a trusted site such as About.com, why would people stop on your page. WE must stop our visitors leaving our page.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
I think this is a very important thread for me and for the rest of the community, especially if we are into SEO. This is a SEO checklist that we need to do every time we are doing this to our websites, blogs, landing pages or so. I admitted that I had so many setbacks in SEO, because I didn't do my homework first. I really wanted to rank well on the search engines, but the thing is that my own tactics didn't work during that time because I refuse to learn something new. In order for us to become successful on our way of doing SEO, we should always treat ourselves as empty cups, and be open-minded as well.

Thanks for the heads up @Zirkon Kalti. Cheers! :)

Aires

Content Writer
I just want to add something, structured data markup..:). For me on page SEO is not only for boosting our rankings on Google, it could also make our site free from future problem.

Yes ! It's really very good topic and the point is very clear.
I have question regarding on page method :
We have website in Spanish language, when we update meta tag like title, description, keyword in spanish language but its show some special character. any solution what can i do ?
Any suggestion for specific language on page website optimization.

Petesede

Thanks for the reminder. However, I have reservation on one of the points you have mentioned. I don't use outbound links on content sites for I might lose traffic. If information is found on a trusted site such as About.com, why would people stop on your page. WE must stop our visitors leaving our page.
I am not sure about about.com as I find it to be a middle-ground for information. But stuff like wikipedia or .gov sites you should definitely be linking to. Remember, the goal of your site should be to be USEFUL to your readers, and if that usefulness is citing information that agrees with you from an authoritative site, than that makes your site look more respectable in the eyes of Google. Yes, you may lose a little traffic thru those links, and yes you may lose Google juice through those links.. but Google is also going to reward you by being a more useful site for your readers, so it probably at least balances out, and for most of us, probably improves our overall ranking.

It really is the same as making links no-follow. If you are micro-managing this stuff solely for SEO and not for the benefit of your readers, then Google probably doesn´t like it. Everything mentioned above by the OP are things that are great for SEO, but also are either good, or neutral for your readers.

I like the part where he said to repeat keywords ONLY 3-10 times, which is a fairly good number. I would add to that just a bit and say that after you hit 10 times using the same keyword, go back and change them to synonyms, or better yet short phrases that act as synonyms. I have a lot of success with getting traffic from Google based on even my 3rd or 4th synonym of my main keywords. I personally think that after the 5th time using your main keyword, you are better off using a common synonym or synonym phrase.