On page optimization is just as important as off page optimization because this is taken into account into the SEO score. The following is a checklist for on page SEO:
- Optimize your URL by making it short and including the primary keyword in it. Google says that the first 3 - 5 words in the URL will be given the highest weight.
- Add images and video into the post to reduce the bounce rate and encourage the visitors to stay longer on your blog.
- Include a keyword in the middle or end of the heading
- Link to webpages within your website that are relevant to the article title
- The targeted keyword should be integrated in the first 100 words.
- Increase the loading speed of your blog by compressing images, use a cache plugin and CDN.
- Help your website to rank higher by using modifiers such as guide and review in the title.