My 2 Cents On-page Vs Off-page Optimization

Prasoon Arora

White Belt
On-Page SEO refers to how well your website’s content is presented to search engines. On page optimization involves ensuring whether a particular webpage is structured in a manner so that it gets found by the search engines for given keywords and key phrases. It not only helps in getting good search engine ranking but also increases overall readability of the site. The best part is that not much has changed about the on-page optimization approach. It can still be improved immediately by tweaking incorrect elements on a webpage.

Off-Page SEO refers to your website’s overall “authority” on the web determined by what other websites say about your site. Off-page optimization is a long-term process and takes time to improve. Simply put, off page is all about your online reputation. Off page optimization includes acquiring backlinks to your page from the authority sites in your niche. Backlinks is the currency of any off-page strategy. And, unlike on-page optimization, off-page optimization efforts are not apparently visible on the webpage itself; it does the background work for a better search result.
 

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
It is believed that 70% of your website ranking will depend on on page SEO and the rest 30% on the off page SEO. For off page SEO, link building and social media presence play the most important roles. Directory submission is also important especially submission to authority directories such as Dmoz.
 

dcristo

Content Writer
It is believed that 70% of your website ranking will depend on on page SEO and the rest 30% on the off page SEO.
Gosh no! Off page SEO will have the most influence on your rankings. It is what separates the men from the boys. It is not difficult to get the on page SEO right. But it's difficult trying to compete with the big players in the industry which have strong backlink profiles.
 

steve taylor

White Belt
You are right , On page Search Engine optimization is the short term SEO activity and we can short out any problem quickly if any occur. On page SEO totally depend on the SEO analyst and content of the website.
Where as off page SEO activity is the process of gaining more popularity on the web. It may takes long time ,It is aslo depend on the content of the website.
 

Swati Mishra

Content Writer
Working on the website, like putting up the design, uploading articles, logo, banners, etc, are consider to be an on page tactics. When we start doing seo off the website it is called off page seo and this is the majorly responsible for the top results in search engines than to on page seo.
 

RADHESHYAM GUPTA

White Belt
On-page SEO and Off-page both are important for the better result in search engine result page but off-page is more important than off-page SEO such as Social bookmaking, Directory submission, Blogging, Forum posting and search engine submission. In on page submission such as meta keyword, meta description, domain name and keywords.
 

VIVEK KUMAR

White Belt
Let an example , You arrange a party and invite your all friends to attend party . Suppose you not manage a quality food then what is the reaction of your friend. Some thing happen in on page SEO and in off page SEO. On page SEO is the preparing the food for customer and off page SEO is the inviting to friends.
 

sunshine

Blue Belt
Gosh no! Off page SEO will have the most influence on your rankings. It is what separates the men from the boys. It is not difficult to get the on page SEO right. But it's difficult trying to compete with the big players in the industry which have strong backlink profiles.
Your suggestion and analysis about more importance of Off page SEO appeals to heart due to big players competitions. All what it needs? just to get strong backlinks from anywhere but with white hat strategy.
 

dcristo

Content Writer
Your suggestion and analysis about more importance of Off page SEO appeals to heart due to big players competitions. All what it needs? just to get strong backlinks from anywhere but with white hat strategy.
Being proactive wit your link building efforts will help. You also want to build a great website that will attract natural links.
 

Andaman

Active Member
Hi,

Your search engine optimization strategy can be divided into two different categories: on-page SEO and off-page SEO. Both are crucial to the success of an SEO campaign, but they're on completely different sides of the fence when it comes to improving your search engine rankings.
 

martindam

Well-Known Member
On page and off page optimization are two most touted words in the field of search engine optimization.

On-Page SEO refers to how well your website’s content is presented to search engines.
Off-Page SEO refers to your website’s overall “authority” on the web determined by what other websites say about your site
 

Andrea Maria

Active Member
On-page optimization is one of the SEO techniques, Contains both content and HTML source code of a page that optimized by search engine.

On page non-technical things are:
Improve user experience
Ensure that readers coming from search engines spend a lot of time on your site.
Create good content
On-page technical things are:
Title
Heading Tags
Keyword Density
Meta Tags
Images
Word count per post
Internal linking
External linking
Write engaging content

Off page techniques helps to get backlinks for a website and this technique helps to get traffic and page rank for that website.

Off page techniques are:
Guest blogging
Blog content
Profile creation
Local listing
Image sharing
Blog commenting
Social bookmarking
Directory submission
Classified ads
 

RH-Calvin

Red Belt
On page seo refers to the process that is followed on the website itself. Some of the tasks involved are:

Keyword research
Meta tags and title
Meta description
Robots.txt file
Sitemap generation
Content development
Image optimization

Off page refers to the link building and promotion of your website in search engines. Some of the most effective off page activities are:

Guest posting
Article submission
Press release submission
Social bookmarks
Classified ads
Infographics submission
Social media optimization
 
In other words, a search engine optimizer works to increase your site traffic from search engines. Two types of SEO techniques used are “on page” and “off page” solutions. “On Page” search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your website for search. ... It focuses on “promoting” the site via the web.
 
Top