Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Online Banking?

Discussion in 'General Business Topics' started by challengewriter, Dec 20, 2015.

1. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Is it possible, to make a legitimate bank account in a country from another country, without having to be in the country you want to make the account from?I have been trying to figure this out and I believe there should be a way, but I haven't found one, expect from Payoneer, which isn't quite working out for me at the time being.

2. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    There aren't any I think. To get a bank account in a particular country, you need to be a resident of that country. There are ways to get a bank account of countries where you do not live, not only they are illegitimate and illegal, they are risky as well as you might end up losing all the money in it. Just curious, if you don't mind answering, why do you need a bank account of different country? Perhaps there is an alternative to opening a bank account. :D

3. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Well, in order to transfer money from my Paypal to my actual bank account, without stressing my family members in other countries. My country Nigeria apparently hasn't approved Paypal in allowing the receiving or sending of funds into our bank accounts through Paypal.

4. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    A Virtual Bank account may help you. Payoneer should work fine. Have you experienced any problems with it? There are alternatives as well, have you checked VirtualBank and PNCVirtualWallet?

5. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Thank you so much, I have been trying to sign up at payoneer but it keeps giving me issues, and I always end up not finishing the process. Thanks for providing those sites, I will check them out immediately.

6. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If Payoneer won't work, you have an alternative and that is to visit the country as a tourist and open a bank account there. You will need the following:
    - Visit to USA
    - Passport and Visa
    - Proof of your home address
    - $50 as cash deposit

7. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Won't that be very costly?? Flying to USA from Nigeria would cost thousands of dollars with money to be paid for Visa added to that. Doesn't seem to be a good idea, that. Certainly not the easiest one, maybe the costliest one. :D

8. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I laughed when I read that, really that is way too much money, and I don't even have a job. I guess I could ask someone there to open an account on behalf of me from a country in Africa, I don't need a US account, my mind did not even skip there.

9. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Flying to the other side of the world just to open a bank account might not exactly be the best idea I've heard either but I guess the poster didn't k ow your situation, so if you DID get to go their on business or for a break it was an option to consider.

For the moment, if you have things in control, even though it might involve disturbing your family, I'd stick to what you do now, for now at least. Might be the safest option.

10. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Thanks Pwarbi, I agree with you, just getting ready for in cases. But I'll see about my cousin opening an account on behalf of me, if he can do that in SA, that did be great and very convenient or I'll just have to stick to western union.

11. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    When it comes to any sort of financial transactions, especially online, the biggest concern is the security aspect of your account.

As things stand I'm not sure if there is a best way to do what your doing, and with money being concerned, or tend to play on the safe side.

12. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Hopefully, my Paypal doesn't get closed for a couple of years and I won't have to worry, it's very upsetting that Payoneer is giving me all sorts of error when I try signing up, it's like something Divine is sending me a sign.

13. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Haha @Zirkon Kalti@Zirkon Kalti I know you had good intentions when you suggested this alternative but imagine the costs involved in traveling to another continent just to open a bank account. But, I would agree, if you can travel to a nearby country which is more conducive and convenient for PayPal or such online accounts one should certainly try to open a bank account and use it for your online transactions, but always remember there is a risk involved when you open an account in a foreign country if you do not have someone in that country who can handle things for you like, receive mail from the Bank, things such as ATM cards and letters to the account holder.

I understand the frustration when you work hard to earn money online but due to such issues you end up losing a high percentage of that earning just to convert the online money into real cash which you can use. Every middleman takes a fee and you end up working for peanuts.

@challengewriter@challengewriter I hope you will be able to find a service which gives you an International debit card to withdraw your funds, and hopefully without a hefty fee attached. I only know of Payoneer but it is worth checking out the other options mentioned above. Just don't keep too much money in such accounts and withdraw as soon as you can, some of these services freeze your account and make you jump through hoops and submit a list of documents to get access to your own funds.

14. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    @Solmak@Solmak, I'll be sticking to Paypal for the time being, there is no urgent need to withdraw money, so I am like-wisely safe from being duped online, I'll just think of it as a savings account that doesn't have a debit card. But in future if the need arises for me to verify my identity, I believe I've got it covered. Thank you all for your help, really helpful.

15. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter Doesn't PayPal offer a debit card in your country to withdraw PayPal funds? They do offer a debit card linked to PayPal in US where we have access to PayPal funds via the debit card. If they provided that, you could have instant access to your funds when needed. Yes, please keep everything in PayPal legitimate and cover all aspects to leave little chance for them to freeze your account or make it "limited access".

16. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Well, I have a Paypal account for my country, which is verified and all that, my debit card is connected to it, the only issue is I can't receive, but can only send payment, therein lies the reason why I created this thread and I do not blame Paypal for being cautious about allowing people from my country receiving payments, as you're always hearing about a Nigerian who scammed someone.

17. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    What do you mean by Online Bank? A bank located in the country you are not a citizen of or the bank you can make transactions from your home? Latter is possible to own and use.

18. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    The first one but I know that know, I didn't bother stressing myself anymore, so thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    Payoneer is the best way for your online banking and I suggested you to use this .

20. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I am pretty sure PayPal only offers a debit card to withdraw funds from an ATM if you reside in the US.

I remember looking into this when I wanted one myself, but it's not available in Australia. Although it doesn't bother me much anymore, since PayPal withdrawals now hit my bank account the same day.