ORANGE ALERT: Three variants of the Atak worm join Zafi.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ovi

MADRID, December 15, 2004 - PandaLabs has detected the appearance of variants H, I and J of the Atak worm, which spread in messages that pass themselves off as Christmas greetings. These are similar to the Zafi.D worm, which appeared yesterday and also uses the same type of social engineering technique to spread.
The new variants of the Atak worm are very similar to one another; only differing in aspects like the size of the file attached to infected email messages. However, due to a programming error, Atak.J cannot send itself out. Panda Software clients who already have the new TruPrevent Technologies installed have been protected against all of these malicious code since they first emerged, as these preventive technologies have been able to detect and block them without needing to be able to identify them first (more information about the new TruPrevent Technologies at pandasoftware.com/truprevent).

alexandru

Yellow Belt
PandaSoftware rocks! They give out very good news related to viruses....
Attached are some nice graphs of Zafi.D activity on one of the servers I manage. He's nothing closer to Zafi.B that really hit on that server this summer, but it did make some nice graphs though... :)

Attachments

L

L-Man

Panda,
Kept tying up my bandwidth till I couldn't download emails. Their support was prompt and nice but I had to finally uninstall it.
Now I use a freeware which is great especially that my paid one didn't work.

O

ovi

;)

I strongly raccomand you all the new AVG 7.0 is free and is very cool this new version.

Ovi

alexandru

Yellow Belt
L-Man said:
Panda,
Kept tying up my bandwidth till I couldn't download emails. Their support was prompt and nice but I had to finally uninstall it.
Now I use a freeware which is great especially that my paid one didn't work.
What do you mean by "tying up bandwidth" ? You referr to the online scanner or the regular, stand-alone version of Panda?
Anyway, Ovi is right, AVG is an excellent antivirus, also eats very little system resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.