Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Paypal Alternatives That You Can Count On

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cheezcarls, Jan 13, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hello guys!

What's up WMS community? How are you doing all of you? I hope you have a great time with your business. But did you know that every online business needs an active payment processor, right? In other words, you should take your business to the next level by setting up your own payment processor.

I know most of you here are very familiar about Paypal. This is the most popular payment processor up to date, and is mostly used by various internet and affiliate marketers, product vendors, online businesses and online stores as well. This is one of the longest tenured payment processors that exists until today, and I'm one of the satisfied customers of Paypal.

But to tell you the truth about Paypal, this was not the first ever payment processor that I've used in my online career. I will reveal to you later on about another payment processor that I have used first before was introduced to Paypal. Since I have registered with Paypal, I have very little issues with them, but that was a long time ago. My account was limited twice due to the payments I have received. The reason that my Paypal was limited twice during that time is because I'm still new, and my account is still a personal one. I haven't upgraded yet to Business until I was convinced by my good ol' friend Daniel Lew to upgrade. He told me that my account won't have a chance to get limited even if I receive big payments as long the account is Business.

It's free to upgrade myself into a Business account, and I just fill up all necessary details. From there, I have no more issues with Paypal for so many years. But before Paypal, there are some payment processors who are willing to make a stand as well, and I'm going to reveal them to you guys. In other words, this is what I call Paypal alternatives. This is meant for people in this community who have no Paypal account, or their Paypal was closed for some reasons.

Without further ado, I am now going to share the best Paypal alternatives that you can count on:

[​IMG]

1. Skrill

This is one of the best Paypal alternatives that I have ever experienced, and it's what we call Skrill. Formerly known as Moneybookers, Skrill was also one of the longest tenured payment processors in the internet right now, and they are simply legitimate. When they are still under the name of Moneybookers, I do have an account with them, but I have problems in verifying it for good. When they changed the name to Skrill and their features have enhanced, I decided to try them again. What makes me so excited with Skrill, is that they have their own Skrill debit card, and it's marked with Mastercard. I applied for it and successfully paid the annual fee for good. After a month, it was delivered on my doorstep. I used this card to buy motivational and inspirational books, as well as restaurants and groceries too.
    [​IMG]

2. Payza

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the first ever payment processor that I have focused on when I am making money online. Formerly known as Alertpay, they are also legitimate and one of the trusted Paypal alternatives of all time. Usually, I use this payment processor when I want to receive money from PTC (paid to click) sites, but that was a long time ago. When I started freelancing, I have an article writing gig from a client who paid me via Payza, but that was the last Payza transaction that I have ever done. As of now, I still have an account with them and may be used in the future one day.

[​IMG]

3. Payoneer

To tell you honestly, I don't really use Payoneer because I focused mostly on Paypal. But one of my friends told me that Payoneer is also a great Paypal alternative, just in case something's wrong on my account. I acknowledge my friend's advice and decided to create a Payoneer account for myself. As of today, my account was not verified yet because I don't have time. Payoneer is also been around for a while.

[​IMG]

4. Neteller

Finally, one of the decent Paypal alternatives like the others is no other than Neteller. I have joined an affiliate program that initially pays via Neteller, but that was years ago. As of now, Neteller is still a trusted and legitimate Paypal alternative for good.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the Paypal alternatives that you can really count on for good. If you have time, I suggest you register an account to each of them. Don't just count on Paypal, always have backups like these.

#1 cheezcarls, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I personally like Skrill and Payoneer payment processors. Both are helpful for the freelancers who have no other option to get paid.

3. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    These are the best alternatives of paypal for freelancers from countries where paypal is not available. I personally use payoneer and skrill for withdrawing funds.

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    You can use Payoneer to withdraw your earnings in Amazon Affiliate program if you don't want them to send check. If you select Payoneer, Amazon will transfer your earnings to the Payoneer account and you can then withdraw them at your local ATM. But there will be a fee for the ATM withdrawal.

5. saratrunk

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I've heard countless times over the last few years that Paypal will randomly freeze people's accounts and sit on it for many months without giving them valid reasons or ways to fix it.

6. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @cheezcarls Nice and informative contribution. Well I love to make an alternative account at Payoneer just as a backup of Paypal, as you've recommended. My few friends are using Payoneer and very comfortable with it to receive and withdraw money.

7. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Can you share the fee structure provided by the Payoneer team? I applied for the card but have no much info.

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Hey I have used Payoneer master card and I am still using it as well. You have to apply for it through online links. Following steps are involved in activation of your card.
    1. Apply for the Payoneer card
    2. They will verify your details and will ship the card within few working days.
    3. Once you get the card. You ave to activate it by adding funds and the fee for it is 2-4$ .
    4. Yearly charges of payoneer are 30$/year
    NOTE: Provide Valid Details and address in order to receive your card in time.

9. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I heard Payza is not that widely used in the US. I haven't opened my account there for a long time and I have money in that account at less than $20. Verifying is not as easy as PayPal. But I will try to open it again and get the money. I do think it is one of the best processor before and behind PayPal, but I often hear Skrill is better.

10. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Yes it's true @saratrunk@saratrunk. But I also heard few years back that Paypal was changing their rules about freezing accounts in order to receive less frustrations from the customers themselves. I never had issues with Paypal as of now, even though that I do experience a huge negative balance before. From the time I joined Paypal till now, my account wasn't frozen even though I receive big payments before. Although this is kinda optional, but you can call or email them that you have an upcoming big money to arrive coming from a certain company that you are dealing with. This is just my own two cents.

11. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    I have heard about all those things and yes, you can make it as an alternative to PayPal. The list of alternative to PayPal is all reliable and have a good reputation when it comes to security. For I know, that one of the important things that we are always considering is the security of our accounts.

12. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Skrill is not better than paypal. It's better for the Asian guys especially we Pakistani'sand Indian's because Paypal is not available here.

13. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    I thought PayPal is available in your country? I saw a lot of Indians working in humanatic before, and the only way that you can work for humanatic is to have a verified PayPal account.

14. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    "humanatic" What's it?? And It's not available here in Pakistan and I guess not in India as well but we do use Paypal of our friends in foreign for any transactions.

15. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Humantic is an online money making site which pays for listening to calls. We have to listen to recorded calls and do some activities. It is a work for students and free persons who want to earn a decent amount of money.

The only thing required for working here on this site is PayPal account. They allow only verified Paypal account holders and only they can signup. So if you have a verified account, give this site a try and enjoy.

16. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Well Paypal payments are a bit complicated. If the sender and receiver are within India, paypal does not allow for payment. Plus, all paypal payments go through the central banking system, which means you don't get paid immediately. You wait and wait.... and wait.. and then, by god's grace, money shows up in your account :p

So, I do use paypal, but definitely Payoneer and skrill are better. If I work on a project and get paid, I should be able to get my money asap, not after my miniscule payments get scrutinized for taint. I mean $6 Billion worth of black money went out of the Indian banking system in one day and nobody asked questions, but they have to make sure I feel bad about my $60 gig payments :p

17. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Oh thanks for sharing this information but I lack a verified Paypal Account. As you know it's not working here in Pakistan.

18. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes, freelancers and other people from Pakistan are facing this problem. Just because of few people that were caught cheating the system, Paypal has banned their services in Pakistan. Similarly, many sites are also banned in Pakistan that use Paypal.

Humantic is an awesome site and full of fun for students and part-time job seekers. But due to Paypal restrictions, the amazing site is also useless of Pakistani citizens. Maybe in the future, Paypal will change mind and reopen the services. As we know Youtube was banned and now opened. But if Paypal changes its mind, it would be much more beneficial for us.

19. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Thanks for this nice list of payment processors and their descriptions. But the real issue is that most of the good earning sites have PayPal as a payment processor and a number of them only use PayPal as the sole payment processor. In that case other payment modes will be of no use to us.

I have been using PayPal for quite long now without any issues. In fact they are very prompt in their service. So, at this point of time I will not switch my account from PayPal. But if there is a legit site that only has payment options other than PayPal I may look into registering with the respective payment processor. Otherwise I am quite happy with my PayPal account.

20. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    This is the worst thing about Paypal that it's banned in some countries. Due to this reason, many sites become useless for people. Even freelancers face lots of issues, due to lack of Paypal in their country. That's why they have to go with other payment processors. These are not supported by many clients, especially for US-based clients. In this way, we lost lots of value clients.