Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Paypal Button

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Vinaya, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I want to sell products and service from my website. Since paypal is widely used payment processor, I am thinking to use paypal. Do I need to have a paypal business account? How do I install pay via paypal button?

2. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +67 / -0
    I think it's preferable using a normal account than business account, cause fees are deducted when money is sent from you to others.

3. bluegreen

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    It depends. The most normal thing is to create a business account. Of course that will require much more information to be given to PayPal costumer service and you'll have to pay more fees etc. But you can be sure that it's really safer compared to the regular accounts that you only use to make a couple transactions per week.

If you have a business I'm expecting that in the future you'll make thousands of transactions everyday and with a business account you have other options that the regular accounts don't give to you!

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It's necessary to open a Business account with Paypal. However, if you have a personal one, you can simply upgrade it for free. Selling products and services from your website with your personal (not business) Paypal account can get you limited.

But the thing is, you can't do business with Paypal with personal accounts. One of my friends who is selling SEO services using his personal Paypal account was being put on limited status before. So he decided to upgrade it to Business account, and from there he has no issues whatsoever. If we are scared of Paypal fees, then don't do business with them. Fees are one reason why Paypal is still here with us.

5. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I understand since I have been PayPal for several years and I have tried to explore what PayPal could give to their members. Selling products, services or good could be availed from PayPal. Therefore, you could use that service. It is one of the features in PayPal. Check it out.

6. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    If you are doing business, a normal account may not work for you. A business account is much preferred since it has features that are customized so you can process transactions easier and faster.

7. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    If you are just starting, maybe you can still use your Personal account. If it is catching up and you are getting a lot of orders, then you can make your business account to use. If you will still use your Personal account, you will face problems and it might get limited.

8. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I'd suggest you to go with Business account to prevent issues with PayPal in future. Visit here to get your own Buy via PayPal button. Visit PayPal developers guide to dig deep and understand its working and customizability.

9. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    When you go to the Paypal website, you will see the instructions on how to add Paypal payment buttons on your site. You need to have a business account so you can create the payment button. Once the button is created, you just need to copy and paste an HTML snippet on your website for it to be added.

10. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    This is not a trivial task it is so easy adding a Paypal button on your website . Go to Paypal website and create a business Paypal account after completion of the successful registration then you are able to create Paypal button on your website. Paypal provide some code which is should be placed on your website where you want to create a button.

11. justiinn

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    If you going to start your business then you can go for business paypal account as personnel account wont fit there as it will be safe and you wont face any issues in near future. You can easily transfer your money.For paypal button,paypal gives you code and you can use that code on your website.

12. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    There are a lot of option for business users you can use PayPal Business account with a normal fee. If you think Paypal business fee is very high. You are free to use any other payment that are available with a few fee.

13. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
  14. VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    You are right, If your website contain more payment system then customer has choice to select one of the online payment system. Paypal provide flexibility to create Paypal button on your website. It is very, easy go to Paypal website and in the Paypal developer area you can find code for button. Now you can use this code on your website to create a Paypal button in the payment option area.

15. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Yes,you can use Paypal for your transactions and sell your products through your own website and this service is provided by Paypal,but you have to choose your account type,business account is best option for this type of service rather than personal account.It charges some amount when you use business account,but if your sells are very good then this amount is very low in terms your earning.If you provide direct payment option through Paypal button,it increases your sell .