My 2 Cents Paypal to offer credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Online payment service PayPal will offer credit financing with General Electric's GE Money Bank in a bid to win new customers and improve business for merchants that use its service. PayPal, which is owned by eBay, is facing increased competition from Google's Checkout, which has made a concerted effort to win over businesses that sell on eBay.
The new PayPal service, called PayPal Pay Later, lets online merchants offer a credit account with flexible financing options such as no payments for 90 days.

full story

D

dhscott

An interesting read, but surely if people are using their Credit Cards anyway, they get a set amount of time with no Interest? (I'm assuming most users pay with their Credit Cards here though).

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think part of the new stuff paypal is hoping to use to hook new users are longer time being offered to pay of the credit card balance. About 60 days more than credit card companies allow.

S

simon

Hey that's a great news.

In this way you will be more safe and free to buy any time.
Am sure this competition will bring much more goodies for customers in upcoming days.

Thanks.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
For anyone who still thinks paypal are good visit one of these websites:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/
http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Paypay are registeded in Ireland to aviod being regulated by the financial sevices authority. Payhell, as I call them, don't play by the rules and can without warning steal all of the money you have in your paypal account and hold your money and your buisness to ransom. If you dont have a debit or credit card as they do not consider drivers liscenses or passports proof of ID you may never, ever get your money back from them.

D

dhscott

For anyone who still thinks paypal are good visit one of these websites:

URL's Here

Paypay are registeded in Ireland to aviod being regulated by the financial sevices authority. Payhell, as I call them, don't play by the rules and can without warning steal all of the money you have in your paypal account and hold your money and your buisness to ransom. If you dont have a debit or credit card as they do not consider drivers liscenses or passports proof of ID you may never, ever get your money back from them.
Paypal are regulated by the FSA: paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fsa-outside, and they are now in Luxembourg.

PayPal might suck if you get on the wrong side of them, but I have never gotten on that side and hopefully never will. The uptake of other providers however is tiny in comparison. You just have to go with the flow until a viable alternative is created if you don't like PayPal.

(There's MoneyBookers, 2Checkout, Google Checkout, NoChex and many more).

S

simon

My G! They are not stable at all...
Might be on the business tour, collecting $$. ;)

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Anyway , it's important that you can use paypal. In RO paypal is not available for withdrawals , so most of us have to use moneybookers. If you complain about paypal, I guess you never used MB :)

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Anyway , it's important that you can use paypal. In RO paypal is not available for withdrawals , so most of us have to use moneybookers. If you complain about paypal, I guess you never used MB :)
I tend to steer away from websites that only accept payments via paypal... It stinks of a company without a traditional presence, an E-Company... Almost all of the established companies I know have a credit card terminal in the shop that works via their banks merchant services. Any company who takes payments in this manor has to have a business bank account and the likes. Once you have paid out all the money to get a credit card processing terminal the little extra you have to pay for online payments via your bank isnt that steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.