Tutorial People Per Hour Vs Fiverr For New Freelancers

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
Freelancing
is one of the best ways to make money online. Many people are only working as a freelancer and earning their living. A handsome amount of money can easily be generated by working as a freelancer. Freelancers are self-employed and don’t have any boss. They work when they want and earn money. There is no need t work for a fixed amount of time daily and avoid any other activity during that period. One can easily work for a few hours and do whatever in the spare time. Everything is in control of the freelancer and no other people can command over it.

There are a lot of freelancing networks that are available online. Using them one can start an online freelancing career easily. However, one question that arises in every freelancer mind is which freelancing network should be chosen? It’s a little bit difficult question and answer are also different for different people.
In this article, I will cover up two famous freelancing networks. These are Fiverr and People per Hour. Now let’s have a look on each of them.
What are People per Hour?
It is an online freelancing network or you can say marketplace. It is basically a the United Kingdom based site and has a marketplace like structure on their website. On this site, people can work as a freelancer and get money by providing services. On the other hand, agencies and organizations looking for a temporary employee get their work done at a reasonable price. Hence, we can say they are offering services to both employee seekers and employers. The cost of each project is different and range from $10-$50 on average. It’s basically an hourly based site and most of the time the projects have one hour only. We have to complete it in an hour only.

Freelancers here can offer services in a lot of categories graphics design, website development, programming, photography, editing, writing, and even acting and filmmaking, etc. Therefore, almost all types of people can start their journey from this site.

What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is also an online freelancing marketplace. However, a more successful one than people per hour. Fiverr was introduced after people per hour, but they have progressed very quickly and left it behind. Now Fiverr is much more successful then people per hour. At Fiverr, people can provide services in terms of Gigs. There also millions of categories to choose from and provide services. Each service cost only $5 and people prefer using it as compared to other networks. Therefore, millions of job providers visit this site and post offers to freelancers.
Now the question is how can we do complex projects for just $5? Let me tell you that $5 is just the basic value of the gig or service. It can be increased to hundred or even a thousand dollars for a single order. Many people get 10-50 or even hundreds of new orders daily. You can make an estimate that how much effective this site is? People can easily earn a handsome living, just by using this single network.

Which one should you choose Fiverr or People per Hour?
I have tested both networks and worked as a freelancer. My suggestion is using fiverr as the first network. After joining fiverr people get an order in less than a day and even in an hour. On the other hand, people per hour are not that fast. It will take a few days to get the order from their network. Even some people don’t even get an order in a whole month. So they leave this site and even freelancing too. That’s why I always suggest using Fiverr. I hope after this article your thought will also be changed completely.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
For starters, I would really want them to start with Fiverr. Although there's nothing wrong if they can choose PeoplePerHour, but it's just that Fiverr is the basic one. It is the mother of all micro gig sites in the internet right now, and I give them credit for my experience in terms of doing basic gigs. The only difference between Fiverr and PeoplePerHour, is that Fiverr gigs are worth $5 only (and they have upsells too unlike before). But on PeoplePerHour, you can set a price higher than $5 that is decent enough for the task that you are going to do for your clients. But all I can say is that both of these micro gig sites are awesome to deal with, we just pick the best sellers out there.

juliets_journal

I know that fiverr is best when it comes to micro jobs. I have an account there that I created months ago but have not had any luck getting any orders. Actually I should ask what is the secret you use to get orders on that site.
I have heard of people per hour but I have not registered there. You said that it is a UK based site, do they accept non Uk members? If they do, I will have a look at the site and decide whether I will be joining them.
My priority right now however is on fiverr. I am trying to figure ways to get orders on the site.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
For starters, I would really want them to start with Fiverr. Although there's nothing wrong if they can choose PeoplePerHour, but it's just that Fiverr is the basic one. It is the mother of all micro gig sites in the internet right now, and I give them credit for my experience in terms of doing basic gigs. The only difference between Fiverr and PeoplePerHour, is that Fiverr gigs are worth $5 only (and they have upsells too unlike before). But on PeoplePerHour, you can set a price higher than $5 that is decent enough for the task that you are going to do for your clients. But all I can say is that both of these micro gig sites are awesome to deal with, we just pick the best sellers out there.
You are right at Fiverr the basic gig price is $5. However the limit has been removed on some categories by Fiverr. Some huge categories have basic gig price with more than $5. We can set it up to a $100 till we have a reasonable service.
I know that fiverr is best when it comes to micro jobs. I have an account there that I created months ago but have not had any luck getting any orders. Actually I should ask what is the secret you use to get orders on that site.
I have heard of people per hour but I have not registered there. You said that it is a UK based site, do they accept non Uk members? If they do, I will have a look at the site and decide whether I will be joining them.
My priority right now however is on fiverr. I am trying to figure ways to get orders on the site.
You should not lose heart but try to get orders on Fiverr. The best practice is that you should make use of buyer request options at the first. Don't give up and make sure you sue daily 10 requests to the buyer option. You will surely receive your order soon.

Furqan Rashid

You can use peopleperhour.com being a non UK person. I am also working there and on fiverr and freelancer.com as well. Peopleperhour is good if you can impress the employers with your proposals.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
You can use peopleperhour.com being a non UK person. I am also working there and on fiverr and freelancer.com as well. Peopleperhour is good if you can impress the employers with your proposals.
Yes! People per hour are open for all types of clients from any country. It is basically a UK-Based site and most of the clients are from the UK.This doesn't mean that freelancers from other countries can't work on it. Many projects are only a few hours of work. Therefore, it can be easily done online without any hesitation.

The only thing people get scared by is the proposal system. If they are not good at writing, this becomes an issue from them. Hence, they leave this site and move forward towards others like Fiverr.

pwarbi

The hardest part of being able to get work on sites such as these, is getting the reputation high enough so people will hire your services in the first place.

There are a lot of well established people on there already, all fighting for a limited amount of work, so trying to get your foot in the door so to speak and get them first few jobs in order to gain that reputation in the first place is always going to be a struggle.

juliets_journal

I will not give up trying on Fiverr. Actually, I am currently working on polishing my profile on the site. On this forum, I came across tips and guidelines on how to get more orders on Fiverr from people who are succeeding on the platform and I am going to implement them to the later.
As for People Per Hour, I am glad they accept non UK citizens. I will have a look at that site once I have finished working on getting gigs on Fiverr. I hope both sites work well for me.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
I will not give up trying on Fiverr. Actually, I am currently working on polishing my profile on the site. On this forum, I came across tips and guidelines on how to get more orders on Fiverr from people who are succeeding on the platform and I am going to implement them to the later.
As for People Per Hour, I am glad they accept non UK citizens. I will have a look at that site once I have finished working on getting gigs on Fiverr. I hope both sites work well for me.
Yes, you should not give up in any field of life. Practice makes a man perfect. No one has pre-established skills in himself. Everyone ahs faced such a situation where no one can help you. At that time, you have to do research about your problem. Fin answers and then implement on your profiles. In this way, you can test new strategies and receive lots of orders from these sites. Makes sure to build an attractive a user-friendly profile. Include a list of portfolio items of your recent works or samples.

pwarbi

Fiverr as been around for a long time so in one way that gives you peace of mind that if you have the right skills, and more importantly the skills people want, then you'll find work on there eventually, like I mentioned before, because it's been around so long your competing with others who are more well established and that's were the problems can come.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
The hardest part of being able to get work on sites such as these, is getting the reputation high enough so people will hire your services in the first place.

There are a lot of well established people on there already, all fighting for a limited amount of work, so trying to get your foot in the door so to speak and get them first few jobs in order to gain that reputation in the first place is always going to be a struggle.
Yes it is hard to get strong reputation these sites. However it is not impossible though. One should not lsoe heart in the beginning and keep practicing new strategies. I am not saying that just stick to a site like freleancer and wait for the proposal to be accepted. Rather you should go with a site like Fiverr. Here you can instantly receive your first order or orders, without any trouble. People are earning millions from this site and you can do so too. So focus on Fiverr first and after getting enough skills from it, you can go for other sites too.

Furqan Rashid

Yes! People per hour are open for all types of clients from any country. It is basically a UK-Based site and most of the clients are from the UK.This doesn't mean that freelancers from other countries can't work on it. Many projects are only a few hours of work. Therefore, it can be easily done online without any hesitation.

The only thing people get scared by is the proposal system. If they are not good at writing, this becomes an issue from them. Hence, they leave this site and move forward towards others like Fiverr.
I have worked on both and found peopleperhour.com more helpful than fiverr because in PPH you can apply on project disregard of your experience.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
I have worked on both and found peopleperhour.com more helpful than fiverr because in PPH you can apply on project disregard of your experience.
I personally don't like any other site other than Fiverr these days. This is not because that I am using it for freelancing. But due to some other reasons too. Many people whom I have referred towards Fiverr are becoming successful. There are a few friends of mine who have earned more than a thousand dollars on Fiverr. That is earned only in a matter of two months with simple services.

Furqan Rashid

I personally don't like any other site other than Fiverr these days. This is not because that I am using it for freelancing. But due to some other reasons too. Many people whom I have referred towards Fiverr are becoming successful. There are a few friends of mine who have earned more than a thousand dollars on Fiverr. That is earned only in a matter of two months with simple services.
If you don't mind would you like to share your tricks with me as well. I have been on fiverr since a year but no projects.

suleman

Content Writer
I was familiar with Fiverr but was unclear about People Per Hour. You described it well and told which kind of services we can provide.

Would you like to share the info regarding their payment? How do they pay? What is the minimum payout amount and how much time it will take to complete the withdrawal process.

Muhammad Rizwan

Content Writer
If you don't mind would you like to share your tricks with me as well. I have been on fiverr since a year but no projects.
You should stick to a single category and make at least 6 gigs at the same time. You won't get orders that fast with a single gig. Make multiple gigs not multiple profiles. You can make 7 gigs at a time from a basic account. Use this option and make 7 different gigs related to the same niche. Use the buyer request option daily. You will get a few orders from there too. Provide social signals to your gig link using Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I was familiar with Fiverr but was unclear about People Per Hour. You described it well and told which kind of services we can provide.

Would you like to share the info regarding their payment? How do they pay? What is the minimum payout amount and how much time it will take to complete the withdrawal process.
They pay using Paypal and you can get paid by Paypal and now with Payoneer too. They also support international bank transfer and Skrill too. You should withdraw money after getting few orders in order to reduce the fee for the transaction. The withdrawal time depends upon the method you have chosen.