My 2 Cents Personal Computer Or Laptop?

sunshine

Blue Belt
I am working as a blogger and IT professional and I have a personal computer to complete my work each day but now I want to switch to laptop. Can you people tell me, is it good to use your Laptop for professional work instead of using descktop PC?
I think it will save lot of space and electricity but I am worry about damage of laptop If I use it for 8+ hours each day. If using a laptop for professional work is suitable then what kind of Laptop you will suggest for me?

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
Desktop is a better option if you are going to use it for long hours as laptop is more prone to damage if you turn it on straight for several hours. You should not use electricity and battery to run the laptop at the same time because doing so can shorten the life of the battery. If you want to use electricity, remove the battery. If you want to use battery, don't charge it on electricity. Desktop is cheaper compared to laptop as well.

amultani

Using a laptop is convenient. You can perform well using a laptop and the work speed is faster than using a desktop computer.

Roxabox

I prefer a desktop computer (and also build them) laptops don't ever seem to last long with me and there is just so much that could break on them so easily (being portable n' all). With a desktop it just stays in one place so you don't have to worry about smashing it up and the parts are a lot easier and cheaper to replace if something were to stop working.

Ramakrishnan

I have been using a Dell Laptop for last 5 years. I find it more convenient than a desktop because I can carry it with me anywhere I go. In the last 5 years I have replaced its battery last month which costs me INR 2100 and a servicing which costs INR 750. That is all. The system is working fine and I am using it for 10+ hours daily.

jazzvaga

A desktop with high config gives you more flexibility to use things at a single go... With laptop there is a chance that you get a device that has fixed configuration for ever which cant be changed. but in desktop you change it according to your needs every year or month!

coolyfrost

Personally, I think that PCs are superior to laptops. I like having the extra power in a desktop as well as more screen real-estate. Laptops are great on their own right too, though, as portability is extremely helpful to many people. In my pinion, I think that people should get what they think will benefit them the most.

jazzvaga

PC are more reliable as far as my experience is concerned. They give you more flexibility to open resources more quickly & they take on more load as compared to a lappy.

Laptops are made for easy movements & presentations purpose, you cant use them to run for 14-16 hrs a day.

Vinaya

PC performs better and is durable compared to laptop. Even though desktop is better in many ways I use laptop for various reasons,such as portability and power back up, and easy for presentation

Alexandoy

I am currently thinking of buying a new computer and somewhat torn between a laptop and a desktop. I've been using a desktop all my life and I would surely be uncomfortable with a laptop. However, one advantage of laptop for me is the portability. I can use it anywhere and even in the house, I can be in the terrace or even in the bedroom. Right now my desktop is in the corner of our living room which I call my office. However, my primary concern with the laptop is the cost, more expensive than the desktop and the hard disk is not very reliable.

krishatg

Content Writer
I always prefer laptop. obviously for the reasons it is very flexible to work with laptop with regard of location. Ii is easy to handle , easy to take from one place to another place. It is also very useful because of its power backup that we can use it for 6-8 hours even without power.
You can select from the the different type of Laptop available in the market based on the required specification. Good companies available are Sony Vaio, Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo.

jowjow

I think it really all comes down on how you use it. A laptop is preferable if you are always out talking to someone since it is really portable or your work mainly consist on light work loads like reading and replying to emails, offices kind of stuff. You need a desktop computer if your into heavy programming, hardcore videos or coding which needs higher specifications. So its definitely based on how your going to use it.

sunshine

Blue Belt
I am currently thinking of buying a new computer and somewhat torn between a laptop and a desktop. I've been using a desktop all my life and I would surely be uncomfortable with a laptop. However, one advantage of laptop for me is the portability. I can use it anywhere and even in the house, I can be in the terrace or even in the bedroom. Right now my desktop is in the corner of our living room which I call my office. However, my primary concern with the laptop is the cost, more expensive than the desktop and the hard disk is not very reliable.
@Alexandoy Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Your information appeals to me. Sure laptops are feasible for portability and desktop computers are suitable for long time professional using. You have point out the price, doesn't matter its not a problem for professionals.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
Hello my friend #sunshine,
It is good to collection information before you jump to something even though you already have good idea about it.
I will help understanding a few things, for sure.
First off, Laptop is no different to desktop. I have bagged my desktop, me and my wife @Swati Mishra use the laptop. I assure you we turn off our laptop only for few hours. Late night before i sleep and early morning my wife wakes up it is engaged working.
It will work perfectly fine.

The best part is you can carry it with yourself wherever you go and laptop has a battery backup, so you can even reply to someone if it is urgent.
Pricing, yes, Laptop is little costlier but you need to convince yourself to enjoy the above mentioned profit for some good bucks.
i am using Sony Viao laptop and so many of my friends. We all love to use this laptop. Mine laptop is 7 years old and i never formatted it. It never had a single issue.
Nowadays, laptops come with on site warranty means they will come to collect your laptop for repairing , give you a standby laptop and after fixing the issue will return you the same.

Alexandoy

Laptop is very easy for carrying and Desktop is very important for hard work.If you work about 10 hours per day at the same device .You should use desktop.So I suggest you to use Desktop.
That's also my concern because I am used to working with the desktop and I don't know if the laptop is also convenient for video editing which is quite a chore. The big monitor of the desktop is an advantage when you are doing video editing since the clarity is increased than when using small monitors like the laptop. But again, the issue or portability gets in the way particularly when we are out of town and I seem to need my computer (the files there). Thank you for the food for thought.

sunshine

Blue Belt
That's also my concern because I am used to working with the desktop and I don't know if the laptop is also convenient for video editing which is quite a chore. The big monitor of the desktop is an advantage when you are doing video editing since the clarity is increased than when using small monitors like the laptop. But again, the issue or portability gets in the way particularly when we are out of town and I seem to need my computer (the files there). Thank you for the food for thought.
Yes, the big monitor display of desktop is a plus when you are performing video streaming rather than laptops. But when we are out of town we can move our important and working data on USB from our desktop computer.

Alexandoy

Yes, the big monitor display of desktop is a plus when you are performing video streaming rather than laptops. But when we are out of town we can move our important and working data on USB from our desktop computer.
I still have to check if all my software will be working well in a laptop. I have a small midi software that I use to create music, i.e. musical instrument digital interface that creates sounds of musical instruments. There are other special software that I use which may have issues with a laptop. By the way, I was not able to shift to Windows 7 because most of the old programs (like that midi software) wouldn't run properly on Windows 7 operating system.

Thanks for the concern anyway.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
Desktop is more durable than laptop and even easier for me to use. However, I prefer buying a laptop for mobility purposes. I am volunteering in teaching deaf people and I can surely use it in teaching them. I am planning to buy one because the old one is old enough and the keyboard is not working. Our laptop is working for a lot of years so I do think it's durable too.

krishatg

Content Writer
Hi @Alexandoy with regard to the software's , difference between the hardware configuration of laptop and destop don't give any problem you can easily switch from destop to lappy.
Yes there may be concern with windows 7 and other window that you are using now. But you can install that window also on your laptop.