Php Or Asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

myshtern

Yellow Belt
I am pretty sure preference breaks down to which server you use.
If it is a windows server, ASP is the way to go.
Anything else and its pHp.

O

ovi

:)

Anyway, i think that PHP rules, but if you have a windows server maybe will be better to use ASP.

Ovi

John121

Yellow Belt
Oh Thanks No one ever told me that. Whats the difference between ASP and PHP though? Active Server Pages mean nothing to me. I dont get it :( :mad:

John121

Yellow Belt
So really you're telling me its exactly the same? That tells me that its microsoft trying to stay in the game. So on windows servers, you HAVE to use asp? You cant use PHP? :mad:

C

clau

I think that PHP is the best. I don't know why to change something that is working fine. You are saying that PHP is not running on Windows servers? I don't think so. As far as I know PHP is running on every server. So I'm for PHP.

Clau

F

fiverivers

Both languages are very good and more over very demanding Php is one of easy language but ASP .net is little bit tough.

A

alen12345

PHP is the best

I use both language for web sites development but i think PHP is the best language because it is available free of cost online.

link8r

Yellow Belt
PHP is a C++ based language which is very rich and capable but it's stored as script. ASP is stored as script, but most ASP work these days refers to ASP.net, which is compiled. ASP.net needs to be developed in Microsoft Visual Studio - which you can get for "free" under the Dream Spark Programme - which I highly recommend. VS is a rich environment, works with Enterprise level databases (There is no comparison between MSSQL and MySQL in my opinion)

donataskugrys

White Belt
Both programming languages are used in very large web applications and large successful web sites so there should not be any doubt to the ability of any of the above programming languages to handle a large web application project.

pwhjenny

Yellow Belt
Hello,

Php is one of the basic service and all windows providers provide it with hosting services including all Windows based langues like ASP, ASP.net.

Thank you.

James_Smith

White Belt
I like both PHP and ASP. But i prefer to use PHP as it is open source, easy to learn, freely available, and more popular among all scripting languages.

B

bjdea1

Php is better than asp, simply due to the fact that there are absolutely no licensing costs at all to setup a LAMP server.

Status
Not open for further replies.