Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Php Or Asp

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussions' started by Brianfast, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianfast

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    The heated war... I think I would like to try asp because Im only used to php

2. myshtern

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I am pretty sure preference breaks down to which server you use.
    If it is a windows server, ASP is the way to go.
    Anything else and its pHp.

3. ovi

ovi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    :)

Anyway, i think that PHP rules, but if you have a windows server maybe will be better to use ASP.

Ovi

4. John121

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I like PHP better. Why would you got to ASP if you're on a windows server?

5. Brianfast

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Because ASP is made by microsoft

6. John121

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Oh Thanks No one ever told me that. Whats the difference between ASP and PHP though? Active Server Pages mean nothing to me. I dont get it :( :mad:

7. Brianfast

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    No difference exept that they have different commands and use different databases ect..

8. John121

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    So really you're telling me its exactly the same? That tells me that its microsoft trying to stay in the game. So on windows servers, you HAVE to use asp? You cant use PHP? :mad:

9. MadGangsta

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Lol, I think it's weird that they both have the same stuff... maybe thats a sign

10. clau

clau Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I think that PHP is the best. I don't know why to change something that is working fine. You are saying that PHP is not running on Windows servers? I don't think so. As far as I know PHP is running on every server. So I'm for PHP.

Clau

11. fiverivers

fiverivers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Both languages are very good and more over very demanding Php is one of easy language but ASP .net is little bit tough.

12. alen12345

alen12345 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    PHP is the best

I use both language for web sites development but i think PHP is the best language because it is available free of cost online.

13. Steve Smith

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I prefer PHP. It is easy to learn, has extensive documentation, doesn't require much configuration to install and run.

14. link8r

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    PHP is a C++ based language which is very rich and capable but it's stored as script. ASP is stored as script, but most ASP work these days refers to ASP.net, which is compiled. ASP.net needs to be developed in Microsoft Visual Studio - which you can get for "free" under the Dream Spark Programme - which I highly recommend. VS is a rich environment, works with Enterprise level databases (There is no comparison between MSSQL and MySQL in my opinion)

15. donataskugrys

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Both programming languages are used in very large web applications and large successful web sites so there should not be any doubt to the ability of any of the above programming languages to handle a large web application project.

16. pwhjenny

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hello,

Php is one of the basic service and all windows providers provide it with hosting services including all Windows based langues like ASP, ASP.net.

Thank you.

17. James_Smith

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I like both PHP and ASP. But i prefer to use PHP as it is open source, easy to learn, freely available, and more popular among all scripting languages.

18. manojagadi

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    According to my opinion, PHP is best.

19. bjdea1

bjdea1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Php is better than asp, simply due to the fact that there are absolutely no licensing costs at all to setup a LAMP server.

20. bjdea1

bjdea1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Try Jquery with C++ instead, that's what I use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.