Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Php Or Asp

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussions' started by Brianfast, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adammorgany

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I would prefer PHP. It is quite easy to understand and works fast as compared to any other programming languages. Also We can able to create an product for the online services easily.

2. LeetHost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    According to me I'd prefer PHP over ASP.

3. sourabh_kr

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I will go with PHP, and the reason fro this are:

- To run ASP you need IIS on windows, which is not free, for PHP however you need Linux and Apache which are FREE!!
    - Great built in support for ftp, email, graphics package GD2 and also MySQL (also FREE).
    - PHP will run on Unix, Linux, Solaris and Windows. ASP is mainly only Windows associated but you can use it on linux with additional modules installed.
    - PHP code is much faster, ASP is developed on the COM based architecture, this is an overhead for the server.
    - Advanced Perl-compatible regular expression functions and loads of built in support for regular expressions on the whole.
    - Greater control over error handling, and more detailed error messages.

4. rave_ronnie

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    .php all the way. I never thought to learn .asp or other

5. kaufenpreis

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Well PHP seems to have a lot more mainstream frameworks (CakePHP, Codeigniter, Symfony, Zend Framework) and a lot of other smaller frameworks than ASP.NET. ASP.NET has 2 main frameworks from Microsoft, WebForms (an utter piece of crap) and ASP.NET MVC (the reason I started getting into ASP.NET development). While PHP has more frameworks, I find that ASP.NET MVC 3 framework is better than any of the PHP frameworks.

6. hafijali

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    i prefer asp. php is easy but i like to use asp. because it is good for application designing.

7. golarsnetworks

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    php is better for getting job in a short time.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.