Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Seeking Reviews Please Review My Niche Blog

Discussion in 'Review Websites' started by cheezcarls, Jan 24, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hello everyone!

I'm back, and I am playing something new here. I recently setup my new dog blog here:

Doggd – All about dogs!

By the way, my niche blog posts are on autopilot using an automated Twitter Wordpress plugin, and my posts are also tweeted automatically to my Twitter account. I am having plans now to create a logo for my website (in which the name will be replaced by a logo).

By the way, I am not planning to do SEO on this, because I mostly focus on viral social media traffic now. I'm monetizing my autopilot dog blog and Twitter account with Clickbank and Amazon ads, and planning to rotate more dog-related affiliate products with the automated Twitter Wordpress plugin's rotation feature to be posted on my Twitter account automatically.

I wanna hear your feedback about this guys on what should I improve since I am playing with this stuff lately. Thanks!

2. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @cheezcarls Just checked your site, I think its under development or need regular updates.
    My suggestions.
    1. Add more stuff at home page by adding full flag posts, not short posts as I've checked under recent posts.
    2. Add 8-10 suitable categories with enriched posts.
    3. Show pages or categories at top of the site, preferably in a row.
    4. Must include "About us" and "Contact us" page

Its my honest review, if any mistake please ignore it.

#2 sunshine, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Hello, I think that you should add a bit more content to your website, as it feels a bit empty at the moment. You should also add a couple of category buttons. Also, and I know this is something that you cannot completely control, that ad on your website doesn't "feel" legitimate, I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly but I didn't consider that ad to be appealing at all.

4. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    I would move the logo to the left and the ad to the right. That will move your content up. Then your adsense will have a higher visibility rate, which is good for your earnings.

5. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I think there are more theme you can still find our or i can help you getting one.
    The homepage does not look appealing, it gives a feeling of emptiness. You should change your header, either for a pleasing look. Headers simply striking in the mind of advertisement.

Few of the headers i found stunning are as below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little Photoshop edit and ready to go.
    Just a suggestion.

6. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Yes this is still a trial and error mode to be honest. By the way, my blog does auto content curation with the automated plugin, in which I always include the original source link and a few snippets to the original post. This is why I never have full posts on my blog because of automated content curation. The "About Us" and "Contact Us" page is also part of my plan, don't worry about it. By the way, I am not after search engine traffic, but rather focused on social media traffic.

I would love to, however this is running on autopilot, and it just curates the content from related RSS feeds and auto posted it on my niche Twitter account (right now it's almost at 300 real and targeted niche followers in just more than 2 weeks, and steadily growing), in which it only displays snippets with the original source link and not full text.

I would highly consider that @cortana@cortana, but when I try that it seems that they are not balanced to each other. For now, it's on the center and the ad at the bottom. By the way, it's not Adsense ads but Clickbank. Thanks anyway.

7. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    How's click bank working for you? I tried shareasale before, but only got a sale or two.

8. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Yeah that's what I assumed. I know perfectly well that right now it really isn't under your control. However, I just wanted to keep you informed so you have ability to make your website better whenever you have the chance :p .

9. Truces Modernos

Truces Modernos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Most of it must have been said already, but:

Do add a navigation bar.
    I just clicked "Same As It Eever WasWanna be" and it's just a link pointing to a different website. Is this normal?

I don't know much about Twitter marketing.
    But you need a lot more content either way.

There's also messed up html in there: "win-a-red-roof-stay-barkbox-subscription-in-gomoregopets-giveaway"

Good luck dude.
    Keep going!

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I have never seen your thread, but today viewed it. The above posts are truly needed to improve and still the logo is not yet moved to the left. Footer and Sidebar is excellent you made everything in this section good.
    Focus on great content adjust the top navigation as it is the main key for attraction to every visitor.

11. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Reviewing any blog depends on its Website Homepage. As I have visited your blog, would like to provide you few observations as mentioned below :
    • Your header have less impact then compared to the Welcome image of a dog.
    • Your website, creates a gap between your stuff and audience as, there is no featured images and detailed description on homepage.
    • Lack of useful links as in compared to the recent posts which have more impact then anything else.
    Efforts to be applied to make your Blog attracts more traffic :
    • You may need to choose a attractive header as the first view is always made on the top. Viewing your blog blank
    • on the top, may divert anyone's interest. Would suggest you to choose the header as suggested by @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra.
    • You have to put your efforts in providing more details to your blog to attract the audience, as when noticed the latest updates could not find any detailed contents to be a dog lover.
    • You can also provide selected images referring to your latest updates on the homepage as researched, homepages with selected images with latest updates have more impact on the website.
    • You may also provide some links redirecting further to other pages of your website to show the detailed description.

#11 Prasoon Arora, Feb 7, 2016 at 11:46 PM
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  12. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It's because this is content curation on autopilot 24/7, and I'm not writing content on a manual basis. Thanks!

It seems that you guys are in a hurry for me to move the logo? Jeez calm down, what's the rush everyone? And take note this is content curation on autopilot, not writing them manually, so it's kind of a set and forget strategy I have. You can see that there are lots of posts generated everyday, and the intelligent robot is taking care of it for me 24/7.

You got excellent points here, but this is an automated content curation blog, and it's a set and forget setup that I have right now. I would rather consider these if I write them manually, but not this blog and I still got targeted quality traffic from growing Twitter followers.

13. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    As for me I am very fond in looking Logo, anyway you have metnioned it. I am first ever seeing fully automated blog. Could you tell me what plugin you are using and how to setup it?
    I might try in next month on some Niche blogs.

14. andrewmilan

andrewmilan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    its so simple. That not much attractive. You can put real dog images and their brand....their foods..it will make your site more appealing and user interactive.