PPC Click Fraud - What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms2134

Yellow Belt
As we all know, there are many website owners or people here on the internet that ask people to click their adsense links and this can be one of many forms of PPC Fraud.

WHY? - Because it is a deceiving way to earn and costs the publisher money.

This can happen with the many other PPC programs, such as : Adbrite, Google Adwords, Yahoo PPC, ETC....

Click fraud can also occur when a competing company gets many people to click links that a rival company has paid for to damage them.. (Let the PPC company have their money and then get no sale or real site interest).

One way to avoid this is to have your site set-up to be displayed on the Google Page only instead of with publishers on their pages. (This can help prevent the first form of Click Fraud)...

PCC Click companies are aware of what the going ons are on PPC Fraud and do their best to tackle it and refunds advertisers if fraud is detected.

~ Mike

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
One way to avoid this is to have your site set-up to be displayed on the Google Page only instead of with publishers on their pages. (This can help prevent the first form of Click Fraud)...
So, you're saying it helps to cut down click fraud by only having ads set up on 'search' rather than using 'content'?

ms2134

Yellow Belt
Yes, That is correct.

I know that it can lower the amount of times your ad is shown, but it tends to work better. Only Image based ads, are advised by myself to go on other sites because the main search results do not do image ads... (that i know of)

~ Mike

semaphoreseo

Yellow Belt
Yes, That is correct.

I know that it can lower the amount of times your ad is shown, but it tends to work better. Only Image based ads, are advised by myself to go on other sites because the main search results do not do image ads... (that i know of)

~ Mike
ya, it's true but for image ads we have go with content search ads and it's costly than google search.

W

webmania

click fraud are those who just click the links without any interest or nothing to do with the site. They might be inform by other to just click those link. but now i think we need not to worry much because google got a good fraud click filter which up to some extend can avoid fraud click...

S

safdar_ali

I think Google is too intelligent to filter the fraud clicks on your ppc ad

YooHee

Yellow Belt
click fraud i think it's the clicking of the banners or ads that are place to your own site to earn money, in adsense i think google punish the site owner who clicks his own ads :D

barrywiki

Yellow Belt
I have a PPC company and there are many filters and protocols in place to detect click fraud.

In fact I have more safeguards and filters coded into my script than many of my (larger and more famous) competitors.

It goes without saying, though, that any publisher who engages in click fraud is immediately banned and, what's more, will obviously not get paid for the clicks as that money rightfully belongs back with the advertiser, just the same as happens with Google and all other PPC sites out there.

Last edited:

kizinew

White Belt
"One way to avoid this is to have your site set-up to be displayed on the Google Page only instead of with publishers on their pages. (This can help prevent the first form of Click Fraud)..." How to do this work guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.