Votes: 0 0.0%
  • react

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rainbow

There are a few different types of discussion boards out there, which one do you think is the best.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think VB Is the best, its easy to administer but I must confess that I have never tried some of the other forums in this poll, the three forums I have used in the past are:

phpBB, SMF and Vbulettin

O

OldWelshGuy

PHPBB is fantastic. It is easy to work on as the code is open source, it is free, and it is easy to admin.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
OWG,
You are righ, PHPbb is great but its got quite a few flaws in that you have to keep patching it regularly etc, that is why I abandon PHPbb in favour of VB, I like free things but I had to spend an awful lot of time finding hack or whatever to keep my PHPbb forum up to date.

R

Rainbow

I cannot believe no one is going for Invision.
I own one, it is extremley easy to administer.
It looks much better than any other board.

Here is a demo of Invision you can log on to it as admin too.

Click Here

Sometimes it doesn't work because people mess it up.
Here is a link of a Invision board. Click here

How can phpbb be better than that, I don't understand.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks, you are passionate about invision because you have used it and you know it well, I am passionate about VBulettin because I know it well, OWG is passionate about PHPbb because he knows it well that is the simple reason.

I know people who are crazy about SMF too, this board used to be powered by SMF when I bough it but because of my preference for VB I converted it to VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.