Privacy Pages and SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
A Privacy page is something that visitors sometimes like to see. But, what about the search engines? Does having one help SEO? Does it give Google and the rest more confidence in your site to help it get indexed?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think if you have a privacy page, terms of conditions, accessibility info etc it give search engine the impression of a quality website and that is factored into their ranking ago for your site and it has a positive effect on your ranking.

odls

Yellow Belt
I think it's definitely worthwhile having privacy pages, both for the search engines, and of course for customer confidence.

J

johnafrankllin

IMO the all these pages or any page is only important in terms of SEO if it contains anything special and unique for its visitors along with the keywords you are targeting.
I don't think someone searches for Privacy Policy or Terms of Services for any website. It is just a part of a standard website which gives your visitors an indication that you have some thing like this that should be honored by them.

Do you or any of your friend searches for privacy policy of webmasterserve forum.
If you will search for this keyword and if the page of webmasterserve simply put a Privacy Policy in Title Tag it will rank 1st is SERP, just because there is just one webmasterserve forum and thus privacy policy of it.

Regards
John

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Yes, John, I see what you mean. It's more from the standpoint that if Google sort of 'likes' a site because it has all the i's dotted and the t's crossed it is more likely to find favour and get indexed.

I totally agree that it's of little value in itself being able to do a search as such for a site by putting the words 'privacy policy' and the name of the website in to a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.