Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Product Selection Tactics You Should Know As An Amazon Associate

Discussion in 'Amazon Affiliate Marketing' started by cheezcarls, Jan 4, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    If you want to become successful in Amazon affiliate marketing, you should always be open-minded when it comes to effective techniques and tactics. No matter how much you've learned but didn't take action, you won't get results and your time and effort in learning through them are gonna be a waste. I want to be straight to you guys, because most of the affiliate marketers failed due to lack of taking action. I can relate to this because most of the time, I didn't take serious action while I've learned something new since I buy WSO's, eBooks, video courses, etc. The reason is because of my "I Know That Already" mentality.

[​IMG]

We should not be doing this for ourselves, because if we know that already, it means we already succeeded in implementing that. The question is if are we succeeding? If you are, then I would extend my hand and say congratulations. But if not yet, you need to learn how to succeed, and that is through learning and implementing everything you have, especially in terms you are using Amazon Associates as one of your affiliate programs to work on.

Today, I am going to share something that works for most Amazon Associates. These are the product selection tactics that they're doing as Amazon Associates, and this is what you really need to do as well. I have researched briefly about the techniques and strategies that they do, and I am going to reveal this to all of you.

[​IMG]

1. Upcoming Hot New Releases

You may not be making money yet on this one until its launch, but it can give you tons of traffic as most people are talking about products that are yet to launch. Even if they are not yet launched like days, weeks or months before, they are already excited talking about it. Although this might not make you money yet in doing product reviews, but it gives you a lot of traffic in the end.

In other words, this is all about "making money in the future".

On Google, you can type the keyword "Amazon upcoming releases" and you'll find results, just like this one:

Amazon.com: New Releases: CDs & Vinyl

Anyway, I hope you really did get the idea, and this is an amazing product selection tactic.

[​IMG]

2. Deals of the Day

The next product selection tactic that I wanted you to see is Amazon's Deals of the Day. At the official Amazon website, you can see a tab where it says "Today's Deals" and click on that. From there, few or several of the products listed are being marked as "Deal of The Day".

What does it mean by the way? It simply means that these products are being featured on Amazon at an amazing discount price, especially if they are on Amazon Prime. In other words, I would really think that these products are good enough to promote in our websites, blogs, or even word of mouth.

You can find deals of the day here on this link below:

Gold Box Deals | Today's Deals - Amazon.com

I can see that these deals can give you up to 90% off in their retail price. People love these deals, especially if they are after those items. For sure, you will be getting lots of clicks and potential sales from the buyers themselves. Even if you are only earning between 4% to 8% commission, it's still worth it. The more buyers you have, the more commissions you'll get for good.
    [​IMG]

3. Best Sellers

For me, products with the best sellers seal are worth promoting. You know why? Once the product was marked as best seller, more people are buying and recommending those products. It is worth to promote because it can make you a lot of sales due to its quality and value given towards the customers. I can say that these products that are marked best sellers are on demand for weeks or months, so there's a lot of room for you to bank some commissions in promoting these ones.

BONUS! Not only that you have learned about these effective tactics that I've mentioned, but I would like to add some value by showing you a video from Youtube user Ryan Stevenson about product selection tactics to promote as an Amazon associate.

Watch the video here guys:

I hope you all guys have learned more about the product selection techniques and tactics as an Amazon associate. Again I must tell you, learning a tutorial isn't enough. You've got to take action by implementing the knowledge that you have in tutorials like this.

To your Amazon affiliate marketing success!

2. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Earning with Amazon is simple, easy, and interesting. Just pick a product, write about it, post it on your blog and promote it.

3. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Yes it is easy for us to earn in Amazon as long we learn to give value to people. One of the easiest ways for us to earn in Amazon is to look for people who have specific problems once and for all. Once we identify that kind of problem, it would be easy for us to share our solution to the person. In my own experience when selling a product, I used to made a sale when I share the solution to the prospect's problem by clicking the affiliate link that I have. Most will reject, but few will convert and that's pretty normal.

4. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Nice article. Amazon offers a great platform to sellers and buyers. A seller can earn a lot from it by posting their advertisements.

5. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I am an Amazon associate. However, I am yet to make my first sale. While joining the program Amazon said that if I cannot recommend any buyer for six month,. I will lose my associate account. I will try to implement these tips and see if it really works for me

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Would you let me know that how can we join amazon associate program. Is it free or you have to pay for it? How it works.

7. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    First, we have to motivate the person we are going to discuss the problem with. Once he becomes ready to buy, we can explain the advantages of the product.

8. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It's easy man. Go to Amazon Associates by registering an account below:

Amazon.com Associates: The web's most popular and successful Affiliate Program

It's free to join, but you need to be honest in your application. When I first applied for an Amazon Associates account, I just filled up important and honest details that are really required. It's free to join by the way, and you've got nothing to lose. I think one requirement that they really need from you is to submit a W8-BEN form in which they provided you in electronic version. It is for complying with the tax law for non-US residents. But I also think that they are not going to approve your account instantly. You might wait for a few days to receive response from them.

9. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    The most important thing is to know what you are talking about. If you write a shallow article about a new tech gadget and are not giving specific and detailed information your visitors will not trust your knowledge or recommendation.

10. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    Thanks I learned something new reading your post. I am on Amazon for last couple of years but never earned anything as an affiliate however let me try writing about products to be launched in near future. That sounds like a good strategy. What product category do you suggest that will bring more views?

11. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    You're most welcome @rayone@rayone. I am happy that you've learned something in my article right now. As for the product category that can bring you more views, I think those products that are included in the "Deals of The Day" or "Best Selling List" are the ones, but never underestimate other products though. If I were you, I want you to go to Google Adwords, sign in and look for Google Keyword Planner. In that way, you can research keywords about specific products that are sold on Amazon. Analyze them very carefully by picking the right keywords that are having more monthly searches, low competition, and low search results as well. This is just my two cents.

12. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I like the point about "upcoming products". I never thought about it like that. Upcoming products are the hottest, most amazing market, but I never tapped into them.