Promoting your website by writing articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KConnections

By writing articles, you can promote your website. By taking some time to write a few articles a month about subjects that are in your area of expertise, you can promote your site. Submit your site to e-zines and other sources that accept article submissions. Many websites include articles to provide further resources for those who visit their site. These sites will often accept your articles and allow you to include your URL in the byline of your article.

myshtern

Yellow Belt
If you target certain keywords within your articles you can really get some nice SE traffic. Make 3-7% of your content your keywords including folder and file names. If you have a decent length article, then dont over do with the keywords. Send a few good links over and you should expect traffic in a month.

John121

Yellow Belt
I thought about then when writing tutorials for a site. I thought if I submitted these to big tutorial places (i.e good-tutorials.com, pixel2life.com) I was sure it would bring hits because my web link would be on there.

Also, I knew it could, because I almost go to the owners website everytime I look at the tutorial and it is help ful. I usually join their forums as well. :D

John121

Yellow Belt
Well where did you submit you articles at? Some dead beat tutorial place with not hits? or Good-Tutorials? Lol. I think its willl work nicely.

John121

Yellow Belt
See?! Thats what I mean.. I love that. Writing tutorials to me is fun and that would be an awesome reward having people come to my site.. 125 unique hits is alot for 1 day from 1 tutorial thats plain 1337.

P

pinyo

Well, if anyone has good webmaster related articles, please submit it to my site. I just started the article directory portion, but right now I am adding features that will bring people back. Also you get links in your bio and the page PR is not bad. Take a look in my sig. :)

Klaas Koopman

White Belt
1 problem is you have to keep writing and submitting articles. I submitted articles once and really was good for my site. But that was only 1 month after that I didn't get a single hit anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.