Promoting your website

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

What kind of techniques do you use to promote your website? I use the following:

Submit to Web Directories
Link Exchange with other sites
Advertise on Forums (I participate in discussions and don't spam)

I have read that book marking sites can be good for backlinks? Is this true?

Setting up a Blog can be good for advertising a site, but I can't be bothered with all the typing :)

Do you have any other techniques that you can add to the list?

Thanks

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
We have an email marketing campaign where we send product launch emails to our customers and keep them updated with a weekly newsletter. If you send me a PM with your email address I will send you a newsletter to give you an idea.

Since we are in a nieche we do spend some money advertising on nieche and trade specific websites and it is really paying dividends.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Hi

What kind of techniques do you use to promote your website? I use the following:

Submit to Web Directories
Link Exchange with other sites
Advertise on Forums (I participate in discussions and don't spam)

Thanks
I think you got the order right for me too. Backlinks from forum are important tho , in Romania you can get better backlinks from forums than from directories and link exchange together.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I have revisited this thread as I came up with something.
Identify your target audience.
If your market is country specific (like mine - target market is UK wholesale buyers) then you want to get links from UK directories and forums.

If your site has an international appeal then you want to be getting links from directories and forums from all over the world. This is easier in the english language as you have Canadian, American, Australian, British and New Zealand sites to go for.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
Also, writing articles and submitting them to free PR sites can be a good way of promotion, especially if you have a 'hot issue' surrounding the topic of your website. For example, in the property world there is a lot of controversy surrounding Home Information Packs, so we try to find a different 'spin' on this issue and submit articles on it to sites such as UK PR wire. We found that if you say something a bit controversial, it gets picked up on other sites and forums who are talking about the issue.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Identify your target audience.
indeed is important! WWT you have a good point. I see the same thing on google.ro . The results are different because ( I think ) the database is different.

Lorna , thanks for the tip , I am not such a great article writer , but maybe I will try to get into some subjects in the future.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Also, writing articles and submitting them to free PR sites can be a good way of promotion, especially if you have a 'hot issue' surrounding the topic of your website. For example, in the property world there is a lot of controversy surrounding Home Information Packs, so we try to find a different 'spin' on this issue and submit articles on it to sites such as UK PR wire. We found that if you say something a bit controversial, it gets picked up on other sites and forums who are talking about the issue.
I wrote an article earlier this week (my first one) but have had more luck with press releases in the past. I was trying to work out when the next google update would be as I want to get some PR's and articles to appear on the article & pr website a few days before the google update.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Why, does this make a difference?
Im not to sure, but this is my thinking.

When you post a press release or an article a link to the newest articles appears on the main pages of the PR and article sites. Since google updates its toolbar PR every few months I was thinking that the articles and press releases would have more pr on the articles and pr websites and pass more pr to my sites.

I coudl be wrong and it probably wont make much difference other than displaying more PR in the toolbar.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
I can see your logic, but I would think that your timing will be very hit and miss if you are trying to judge when they do their PR update. If you are a day out, then your efforts will be for nothing.

I have found that google seems to spider some articles I've submitted more frequently than others, so one I posted in February will sometimes appear above one I submitted last month. I don't know why this is, but if they spider older articles anyway, surely it does not matter when it was submitted so much?

S

seoexpert82

search engine optimization

I used Ventura IT to optimize my site. They are a local seo company in Ventura near Los Angeles, California... I found they were about 1/2 the price of the other search engine optimization companies and Ventura IT is the ONLY company that i found that offered a 100% money back guarantee if they didn't get my site to the first page of Google. Amazing huh? Yes they give back 100% of your money if they don't get your site to the first page of Google for one of your 60 keyword phrases. They also offer about 3-5 times more keywords than any other company that I found. Anyway, they got my site to the first page of Google and my traffice increased over 300% in less than 6 months. I have so many first page rankings on Google its incredible. If you need a good SEO company for organic search engine optimization then I highly recommend Ventura IT. You start by filling out this form venturait.com

Status
Not open for further replies.