Help Me/Question Quick Sort Algorithm.

steve taylor

Yellow Belt
As we know quick sort is the practical sorting algorithm, It is in-palace sorting algorithm (i.e. It does not require external memory for the sorting operation). Minimum time taken by the quick sort algorithm is N( log N ) which also known as best case time complexity. Its performance is worst when the array contain sorted element in this case it take N square time . Now my question is what is the algorithm for quick sort?

krishatg

Yellow Belt
For the algorithm of any type of sort you can refer to data structure book of schaum series . Its PDF are also available online you can also download them. It is written in a very understandable form in this book and it is most referred book.

steve taylor

Yellow Belt
For the algorithm of any type of sort you can refer to data structure book of schaum series . Its PDF are also available online you can also download them. It is written in a very understandable form in this book and it is most referred book.
I prefer some books but I found some difficulty to calculate best case , average case and worst case time and space complexity. Hence I write the thread for more help. Some questions related to time analysis are very difficult to answer with the help of schaum series concepts.

VIVEK KUMAR

Yellow Belt
Quick sort algorithm with recursive function call , its work with partition algorithm -
Code:
Quicksort(a,p,q)
{
if(p==q)
return(a[p])

else
{
m=partition(a,p,q)
quicksort(a,p,m-1)
quicksort(a,m+1,q)
returen (a)
}