Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Reason Why .net Is Hated

Discussion in '.NET Programming' started by jowjow, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Here is a quick one. We cannot deny the fact that .Net is not commonly used by developers around the world even though it is highly a good programming language. I have read in an article stating that the main reason why developers hate it, is because the creator of this is MICROSOFT. What can you say about this one guys?

2. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I think .net is a desirable extension. What makes you think otherwise? I have had no problems trying to get .net domain names to rank. It is the 2nd most popular extension after .com of course, and it's suitable for technology/internet companies.

Btw the .net domain extension has nothing to do with the .net programming language.

3. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    Sir @dcristo@dcristo I'm talking about the .Net Programming language sir, such as VB.Net and C# .Net. We are under .NET Programming language section. I'm not talking about domain names here. I think that your confusing it with the domain names, .com, .net and .org. My thread won't really makes sense if I'm talking about domain names.

4. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I'm sorry I thought you posted this in the wrong forum and wanted to know about .net domain names.

5. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    So that's where the confusion is. No problem. Everybody makes mistakes.

6. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    .NET is mostly hated by the industries rather than the programmer. I myself have been a .NET programmer and so the JAVA programmer.
    Although, both follow the latest concept of OOPS, .NET however, is easy to program. It gives a feeling of a GUI based programming. JAVA is more tough to code and programs are even hard to execute.

Programmers love to write codes in .NET than to JAVA.
    From industries point of view, .NET is less secure language and JAVA is strong secure language.
    Microsoft offers .NET based programs and Sun system offers Java based program.
    e.g. If you consider a Microsoft based phone, Nokia, than to Samsung Android. You will see how safer you are than to Nokia.
    Java provides more encrypted code than to .net.

7. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I don't really know if .net is hated. But, I know for a fact that Java is preffered. Especially now that Android has become so popular, its easier to higher a java guy and train him in android then to get a .net guy. Anyways, architects decided what language to use, and why. If an architect is here in this forum, we'll get a more informed answer.

8. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I think developers are the ones choosing what language they are going to use basing on where they are comfortable with and the ones they are already familiar with, not the architects, if I am not mistaking architects are just designing the application. And also you can still do android applications using .Net. i@djweb what is your basis that it is easier to hire a Java guy than a .Net guy?

9. Oldwriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    Hi guys, I don't quite get it. Why would a technology like .NET be hated? It isn't a lock-in technology anymore. You can create .NET programs for Linux and other open systems without using Windows at all.

Take a look at the Mono project. There is Monodevelop running on open platforms as a very capable IDE. Check out Xamarin's too offering if you are targeting mobile.

#9 Oldwriter, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:48 PM
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. Tom Netter

Tom Netter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I am a .net developer and I love it. I have a friend who is from java background and we discuss and compare features in both. We both agree that in both java and .net a particular feature can be implemented in one way or the other. Almost all the functionalities of jave are there in .net as well, plus .net has its own unique features. In the company where I worked, .Net was used more in web development. I don't find any reason for the hate towards .net !

11. Vyom Srivastava

Vyom Srivastava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I did not really hate dot net, I simply was a little bit frustrated with the policy Microsoft has been following for years with proprietary extensions, closed standards and so on.

Then I approached .NET starting using C# for a living and indeed I discovered a very powerful environment.
    So I guess that people hate Microsoft (many of them still) and it will take a while to Microsoft to change this feeling, although the latest evolution seems in the direction of opening Microsoft to the world of standards.

12. Pooja Sharma

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    For programmers it is the best way of coding as compared to Java. It is a framework rather than a programming language. You can use several languages in this environment like Visual Basic, C#, C++ but C# is most preferred. It is the best and efficient environment to develop functional websites.