Remove powered by vBulettin from a new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Have you just set up a new vBulletin website? Here are some of the basic things you can do to personalise you forum and make it search engine forum.

1. Remove powered by vBulletin.

1. Login to your vBulletin admin control panel
  2. In Phrase Manager, search for phrase variable: x_powered_by_vbulletin
  3. You will see something like this: {1} - Powered by vBulletin
  4. copy and paste {1} to the inpute box.
  5. Save changes and you are done.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
good info for people. I hate when I visit a forum and see that in the title bar. Basically it means the people did not take the time to customize their site and make it uniquely their own. Good info for VB users.

K

kruzzen

I been wondeing how to do this. Thanks for explaining it to us. At first I thought you meant remove it from the footer and I was about to say thats a no no LOL

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Removing it from the footer should not be done unless you pay vBulletin for brand free option however you are allowed to remove the top one without paying.

Luq

Yellow Belt
Thank for sharing this nice tip Temi.

Removing the footer vBulletin we cost alot of money, because it is copyright.

RyanFormspring

White Belt
I'm hoping all this free forum software and all these new social networking platforms like Ning will cause vbulletin to get a little more friendly with their pricing.

RyanFormspring

White Belt
What service do they provide? All you get is a copy of the software. You have to install, configure, and install plug-ins yourself. It can take weeks of work to get it up and running the way you want. All of their support is done in the forums by people they are not paying (fellow customers and volunteers).

Yes, it's powerful software, but they seem slow to adapt to bot spam and other nuisances caused by flaws in the software that they should have eliminated years ago.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
It must have been a while since you last use vB, when I have problems I log a support request via their support desk, you usually get a response within a few hours.

The support forum manned by fellow users is different, its at http://www.vbulletin.org

Support ticket for valid license holder is accessible via you customer control panel at http://www.vbulletin.com . I have about 4 vBulletin licenses .... I have logged a few support tickets, the staff are not perfect but I will give then 90 out of 100.

Prior to using vBulletin I used phpBB, I will not used phpBB even if I'm paid to this day.

What service do they provide? All you get is a copy of the software. You have to install, configure, and install plug-ins yourself. It can take weeks of work to get it up and running the way you want. All of their support is done in the forums by people they are not paying (fellow customers and volunteers).

Yes, it's powerful software, but they seem slow to adapt to bot spam and other nuisances caused by flaws in the software that they should have eliminated years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.