Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Retweets can easily enhance your popularity

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by sunshine, Dec 16, 2015.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Twitter is one of the most popular and effective part of social media, a real significant hitter right up there with Pinterest and Facebook. To boost up our marketing or social presence, Twitter has rolled out a new function that brings a new direction to the world of retweeting.
    Let’s delve into what’s change, and why it’s totally overwhelming.
    12346505_954111077992527_669234632800107201_n.
    What’s A Retweet?
    First of all, We'll define a retweet for those who aren’t familiar with Twitter-speak. A retweet is a tweet from some ones twitters account that you then turn around and send next to your followers. It has just a Facebook algorithm that being the share command and many followers should look that as an endorsement.

The Way It Used To Be
    Once upon a time, if you wanted to retweet a specific interesting and informative tweet, which was all you, could really do. If you sought to matter a personal remark in there, next to the original tweet, well, good luck with that. There wasn’t much room for commentary.

The Way It Is Now
    Twitter, in its endless perception, has changed things so that you can add a 116 characters comment along with the actual retweet. Whether you initiate a retweet, you’re actually taken to a new screen where you can add your comment. In past Twitter users embed quoted tweets by copy-pasting the URL, but 'retweet and comment' lets you do that by just to click a button.

In other words, Twitter has increased its performance so that its re-sent messages enjoy the same services as the re-shared messages on other social media platforms such as Facebook and Google Plus have.

Why This Change is so Important?
    Even though people on social media do usually share without comment, there are those instances where a lack of comment causes confusion. Let’s put it another way. For example you’re on Facebook and you’ve read a well researched article online about bad habit that happens to have one particular point that’s more divergent than anything else, in the same way you know your better half would be pleased about it. So, you move them the link to this article on halitosis without any justification.

What kind of message do we think they’ll get from getting such an article link? And how many acts of regret and apology do you think you will have to perform before you’ve forgiven, if ever?
    Beside this, if you had integrated a comment along with the link, just to say “themes of the article aside, check out the passage about how bad habit can be a symptom of mental disorder. Maybe that’s my Aunt’s problem?”

Let’s see? No haziness, no prospect that the recipient will take it the wrong way. No rest on the couch.
    Now you have that similar capability to make clear your tweets before you end up sending to your Twitter followers the allegation that their breath could knock a buzzard off a dung cart at 50 yards.

It’s a miserable fact of Internet era that communicating online is sometimes lying face down to misconception or taking things out of correct image. By using Twitter’s retweet feature, you can actually say what you mean and not be misunderstood. It may even persuade more people to go on retweeting, therefore exposing more public to overwhelming, share-worthy information.

2. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    I must say that retweeting can be considered "word of mouth" advertising because what you spread is shared by someone else, and this someone does it as well, creating a chain reaction that benefits your marketing campaigns.

However the main point is create loyal followers first, and then tweet engaging comments to improve chances to get them retweeted.

3. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    I feel like a dinosaur not knowing too much about Twitter. I have never really used it so much although I did sign up and use it a few times in the past, more so for socializing with friends and family. Never really used it for marketing or business related stuff. Damn it is hard to keep up with all the new stuff coming up, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, what more people?!

4. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    When you retweet, you are sharing a content. When your follower sees it, they will also help to retweet it. This is how you will get a lot of backlinks from Twitter .Retweeting a content create more links on Twitter, which can boost your search engine result. The higher the number of retweets, the higher it will rank on the search engine.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I have seen some traffic from retweets, however most of the followers are inactive and they come as they wishes or might have duplicate accounts.
    Another account that related to travel had genuine followers but just 5% are active to like or retweet stories.

If you retweet other people stories, then you can get in return from them too.

6. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    When I used twitter, sadly my retweets gave me more interactions/notifications than my actually tweets. So yes retweeting is a very high and valid way of spreading and sharing data, you could give people with a high following number a link to your tweet to be retweeted and other stuffs, which will promote the tweet.

7. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    I have a similar situation, I have about 12k followers on Twitter, and when I tweet a link, I may get a few dozen visitors from it. But I have some people, if they retweet me, I can get hundreds or thousands of visitors from them. It is difficult, because you don´t want to ´beg´ them for retweets, so what I do is just make sure I actively retweet interesting things they write, or comment on posts they make.

8. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    That's one of the best solutions, but most times people can be snobby on twitter and well just ignore your efforts.

9. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Retweet means someone takes interest on your tweet and want to share with his or her follower. Retweet means interaction. Your tweet reaches only to your followers, however, if you get retweet, your tweet will reach to the people who do not follow you. If you get retweet, there are chances of getting new followers. In order to get retweet, you must also retweet others tweets

10. butterfly

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    I totally agree with you!! There are so many different social media options, that I dizzy and my eyes glaze over trying to figure out which ones to try to concentrate on! I've been hearing about twitter for a long time, but have never really got involved with it. Is twitter in direct competition with facebook?

11. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    In away somewhat, both social medias are gaints but twitter allows people interact with celebrities and brands better than Facebook, in the sense that most celebrities run their twitter account themselves and intercar more with their fans than through their Facebook page.

12. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    The basics of social media is interaction. Retweet is a form of interaction. REtweet means the tweet you shared was shared by your follower with his follower. Retweet increases visibility of your tweets. If you have 100 follower, your tweet will reach 100 individuals. If your tweet is retweeted by a follower who also has 100 follower, you tweet has reached 199 individuals.

13. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    But most times than not a of people ignore tweets that ks to Twitter statics you can check yourself.

14. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    This hasn't happening in this days, because of fake accounts. I see only few people who favorite my tweets, but not retweet. It's hard to get real retweet from people. I had 13k followers, but only 5 to 10 who favorite my tweets and I believe they are not interested in my tweets.

15. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    At first, I would really thought that retweets are just a complete time waster for me. I do have a mindset before that I should only publish tweets of my own and not retweeting others, because I hate to promote my competitors. But I didn't realize about the good side of retweeting the competitor's posts, especially if it was coming from a Twitter account with many followers. My former coach told me that time on how retweeting is important and essential for our account on Twitter. It increases engagement and may be gaining more followers by just retweeting others' tweets. Your followers might retweet what you have contributed, as long it is attractive and engaging to them.

16. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Interesting and catchy tweets will absolutely gain not only viewers but retweets as well. Being able to catch a user's attention will bring your tweets as well as your brand name to places.