Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Reverse seo

Discussion in 'Blackhat SEO' started by imported_jessie, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_jessie

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    What is reverse SEO and how does it work?

2. imported_Peter Parker

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Google Bowling, also called reverse SEO is a technique, based on the simple fact that there is a second way of getting on top of the Google search results:

- Increasing your own rank
    - Decreasing your competitor's rank

Google Bowling is a black hat SEO technique that is capable of decreasing a competitor's rank in the Google Search Engine. It is mostly done with automated website spamming software which targets forums or blogs with comment spam. It's highly recommended that do not try to Google bowl for your competitors. This is definitely an illegal activity and you might get sued for this.

3. Lescliff

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Reverse SEO has become one of the most effective strategies for minimizing the impact pf bad publicity within the search engines' organic listings. It is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants who manage public relations online.

4. I4Visual

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I had no idea such operations were possible, thanks for the information on this guys :)
    ..I won't be trying it anytime, just glad to be aware of such tactics incase such thing happens to us or others we work with.

5. Gailun

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Regular SEO means practicing positive online reputation management and making sure your website reaches the top of the search engine rankings. But reverse SEO means doing the opposite, and pushing negative press and negative reviews further down the search results.Use Reverse SEO when your name or brand has been defamed in the online world, and that negative review is showing up at the top of the Google search results. Reverse SEO pushes the negative pages down in the ranking, but doesn't necessarily put your page at the top.

6. MBA Trainer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    According to my experience never go for reverse SEO to beat your competitor as it is black hat SEO technique. Always adopt white hat SEO techniques with consistency and frequency.

7. sachin121

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Reverse SEO is the process of decreases search engine rankings or de-ranking of the website from the search engine result pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.