Robbie wins top award in Germany and keeps winning

• Thread starter imported_rallyfan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_rallyfan

Robbie Williams has been named the best male rock and pop artist at Germany's Echo awards on Saturday, for the fourth year in a row.

Williams beat off competition from Phil Collins, George Michael, Seal and Usher to win the title in Berlin.

Anastacia took the best international female pop and rock artist award, beating Nelly Furtado, Norah Jones, Avril Lavigne and Katie Melua.

Nominations were based on German record sales. A jury picked the winners.

Williams, who has appeared in person to collect his previous Echo trophies, was not in Berlin for this year's ceremony.

But Anastacia attended the ceremony and said: "It's been a dream year for me."

The singer has sold more than one million albums in Germany over the last 12 months. She went on to perform at the event, as did Mariah Carey.

Eminem won the award for best international hip hop artist. He too was unable to attend but sent a video message from the US.

Melua, won the international newcomer of the year award. Romanian rock band O-Zone won single of the year for their hit Dragostea Din Tei (Love in the Linden Tree).

source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4405703.stm

I

imported_rallyfan

well robbie williams has been really successful, my borther likes his lyrics and well we all have atleast liked one of his songs, winning another reward is really showing his potential even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.