Router Problem Resolved With BTs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Last Sunday I used the Internet in the early morning for an hour or so, and it worked fine.

When I came to switch it back on in the afternoon I just couldn't get on to the 'Net.

On my router one of the green lights (Internet one) was out, and I just couldn't get it to work.

Anyway, I phoned British Telecom, through whom I rent my Broadband, and they phoned me back on my mobile so they could test my phone line.

The check showed the line was ok, so I then had to go to the back of my router, and insert a sharp object, in my case I used a sewing needle, into a hole there, for about 20 seconds. I then had to take out the power cable for a minute, and then put it back in.

I was told to switch the computer off, leave it for a minute, and switch it on again. After doing that my Internet connection was absolutely fine, and while the technical 'helper' was still on the phone I navigated some sites just to make sure the problem had been properly dealt with.

Apparently putting the needle in the hole in the back of the router resets it to the manufacturer's original settings.

So, if it ever happens again, I'll know what to try first, before getting on to the BT helpline. :D

Luq

Yellow Belt
I used to have series of problem like that too, when I first brought my broadband, after three months, I become a technical man, I can resolved any internet connection problem caused by my Router or system. I only need to call my provider, if the problem is from PlayStation or server.

Status
Not open for further replies.