Samsung's New Galaxy - goodbye Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21799795

Is this the sign of things to come, I've thought for a while that sites like Amazon and Ebay are pretty powerful search engines in their own right.

With a company like Samsung, if they corner the market in phones, then I guess they will dictate which search engine you use.. in which case Google could have problems in the not too distant future?

jake

Yellow Belt
Sometime cornering the market does not make you a giant in your field, Apple had the smartphone market once and they still had to use Google Maps, there own map to rival that was not that successful. Though I will like to see another big player on the search engine scene, google dominance is a bit boring.

jake

Yellow Belt
So call tax breaks is really depressing. My tiny microscopic company that turnover thousands of pounds a year is paying more tax than some coffee chains that turn over half a billion a year :(

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
I know.. it really effs me off. Google said the UK benefits hugely fromn their investments.. erm, that may be the case in employing people, however let's not forget that Google is contributing to the demise of the high street store and giving way to huuuuge online businesses like Amazon, ah well at least the UK government will get the tax from the.. oh hang on! Tax breaks for the elite means unfair competition and a helping hand to companies who really wouldn't care if they had to pull out of the UK alltogether, the're not loyal, just money focused as with Adwords. I believe that Google has prioritised organic SEO for large corporate companies who already use Adwords, forcing more smaller comapnies to increase their spend on Adwords to remain visible and we all know how fruitless Adwords can be in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.